Sleep

Asleep, however, didn't last long. Gavin was asleep for maybe 10 minutes before the nightmares started.

He thrashed and made small, distressed noises in his throat, before waking up in a cold sweat. Knowing he wouldn't be falling asleep any time soon, Gavin sat up.

He rubbed his eyes, then ran a hand through his hair. He let his other hand fall onto his lap, wincing when it hit the cuts. Gavin looked over to the clock on the bedside table. It read 2:00 AM.

It least he got a couple of hours of sleep, which is more than he usually got back at--

<i>No. Don't think about that,</i> he thought as he felt his breathing pick up. <i>You're free. You won't go back there.</i>

    But, what if...

What if Geoff was lying? What if he was working with that place? What if he was lying and was just here to bring Gavin back? What if everyone, Michael, Jack, Jeremy, Ray, Ryan, even Griffon, were lying?

But why would they? They're hybrids, right? Why would anyone willingly work with that place? But what if they weren't willingly working with them? What if they were being forced to, against their wills?

Gavin paced, mind racing. He didn't realize he was making noise until a disgruntled Geoff opened the door. "Gavin. It's tw," he got cut off because of a yawn, "o in the morning. Why are you awake?"'
Gavin shrugged, picking at his pants. "Couldn't sleep."

Geoff sighed, rubbed his forehead, then walked over to Gavin, placing a hand on his shoulder. "First, no, I'm not against you, and two, I'm not being forced to do anything."

"You heard that?"

"It's hard not to when you're talking loudly, and repeating it over and over again. Stop thinking and go to sleep."

Geoff's sleep-ridden, blue eyes searched Gavin's blue-green ones, and he sighed. "I can tell you won't be going to sleep anytime soon. Come on." Geoff turned, and walked out of the bedroom, beckoning Gavin to follow.

Gavin did, and Geoff led the way to the living room. He collapsed unceremoniously onto the couch, patting the spot next to him. Gavin sat down next to him, and curled up in the corner of the couch. Geoff turned on the TV and handed Gavin the remote, telling him to "pick a fucking TV show, and it better be good."

Gavin flipped through TV stations, looking for something to watch, and being influenced by Geoff's "That's a good show," "I hate this show," "Fuck, I'm not caught up," and "NO. NO ROMCOMS."

They finally decided on something called Ridiculousness. Geoff said he loved to watch the show, but didn't get much time to.

They watched it until Geoff ended up falling asleep, head on Gavin's. Gavin turned off the TV, and shifted until Geoff was lying down. He went back to the guest room- his room- and pulled the blankets off the bed. He went back to the living room, bare feet making a little tapping sound on the floor, and placed the blanket over Geoff. He then grabbed the other and curled up on the floor in front of the couch.

He laid there, awake, until Griffon walked into the room at 6:30. "Morning, Griffon," Gavin politely said, and Griffon had to a double take.

"Gav? Have you been there all night?"

Gavin shrugged, "Most of it. Couldn't sleep."

Griffon rolled her eyes. "And you even dragged Geoff out here."

"Geoff dragged me out here."

Griffon laughed, and headed to the kitchen. "Do you want coffee? Or Tea? Maybe some juice?"

Gavin stood, padding to the kitchen, following the blonde woman. "I, uh, I'll take some tea, thank you."

Griffon grabbed three mugs, putting a tea bag in two and cream in the third.

She filled a tea pot with water and put in on the stove, then filled the coffee pot with water. She busied herself with preparing the coffee, and when the tea pot started its high-pitched scream, she asked Gavin to take it off. He scurried over and turned off the stove, and he grabbed the two mugs with the tea bags. He poured the water in, then asked where the honey was.

Griffon told him and he grabbed it, pouring a spoonful of honey into the cups.

He stirred the tea and slid one to Griffon, who was leaning against the counter watching him bemusedly. "Thank you," she said, taking a sip.

The two stood there, chatting quietly, when Geoff stumbled his way into the kitchen.

"'Mornin," he said around a yawn. Griffon handed him his mug of coffee, and he took a long swig. "How'd you sleep?" he asked, looking at Gavin.

"Fine," Gavin answered, looking at Griffon pleadingly. He hoped she wouldn't say anything.

"I actually found both of you asleep in the living room." A wink was aimed towards Gavin, and he knew he would have to thank her later.

Geoff looked between Gavin and Griffon, then shrugged. "Alright. Glad you slept well. Who wants pancakes?"