Shopping

"Yeah, I'm coming in late today. Have some things I need to take care of. Yeah. Mmhmm. Yeah, I'll tell him hello. Yep, bye." Geoff hung up and put his phone in his pocket, walking back into the kitchen. Gavin and Griffon were sat at the table, the former picking at his food. Geoff sidled over and flopped next to his wife, kissing her cheek. "Once bird-boy is finished eating, we're going shopping."

Gavin looked up, wings twitching. "You don't have to."

Geoff raised an eyebrow. "You're kidding. If you're staying here, I'm not having you take all my clothes. You need some that fit, and don't make you look like a twig." Gavin glanced at the pants that dwarfed his legs. "Anyway, you need a phone and just general living stuff."

Gavin nodded, pushing his half-eaten plate away from him and standing. "Thanks for the pancakes."

"No problem, Gavvy." Gavin gave Geoff a look at the nickname.

"I'm going to go get changed."

"Alright, I'll get you some clothes." Gavin made his way to the guest room- no, his room- and sat on the bed. Geoff knocked on the door, clothes in hand. "Here, you can wear this." Gavin went to protest but Geoff cut him off, "No. I don't wear this shirt anyway. I already cut holes in it for your wings."

Gavin sighed, and took the clothes. He thanked the man, and shut the door. The bird-hybrid slid off the pants he was wearing, and pulled up the jeans Geoff had given him. They were too large, but had a hole for his tail and thankfully Geoff brought a belt, too. Gavin then turned his back to the mirror and stretched his wings out to get the shirt he was wearing off. He didn't want to see the numerous scars that criss-crossed his body. Usually his wings hid the ones on his back, and Geoff was so tired last night, he didn't notice. Gavin had grabbed a shirt before Griffon woke that morning, so she wouldn't see.

Gavin pulled on the large shirt, having a little trouble with his wings, and turned around. His hair was a mess, but Gavin kind of liked how it looked. Gavin stepped out of the room, walking to the living room. Geoff was on the couch, but when he heard Gavin enter he stood. "Ready to go?"

"I guess."

Geoff led the way to the front door, yelling out a "We're leaving, hun!" before stepping out the door. The humid Austin air was thick, and Gavin wanted nothing than to spread his wings and fly high up in the air, but he didn't.

They climbed into the car, Geoff starting it. "What first? Clothes?"

Gavin nodded, and Geoff pulled out of the driveway and onto the road. The ride consisted of chatter, Geoff asking about what Gavin would like and Gavin replying in kind.

They got to the clothes store quickly. It was called Chica's Checkout. A hybrid tailor and Gavin's eyes widened. "Austin's really good about hybrids, huh?"

"Yep. One of the few places I can name off the top of my head that has stores like this."

They got out of the car and walked in, the bell above the door jingling. "One second!" someone called from the back of the store.