Midnight Premiere

Hey guys revisions of this chapter are now finished!

E N J O Y !

XXX

Like every other morning, I wake up in my room, in my four poster bed with dark purple blankets, and with the black curtains drawn around me. I am so comfortable that it takes me several minutes to convince myself to get out of bed.

I hunt for some clothes to wear to school, and finally decide on a pair of dark blue jeans, a purple tank-top, and a black t-shirt that says in neon green letters, "I’m not a player, except of the game! And btw, YOU JUST LOST THE G A M E !" It’s a pretty BA shirt. Everyone gets seriously pissed at me every time I wear it.

I scribble a note for Angyre, and sprint out the door. I barely catch the bus and collapse into the first empty seat I find, trying desperately to catch my breath. Thinking back to the night before, I can feel my face turning red.

Jason’s blood was so sweet in my mouth that it’s almost addicting. Now that I’ve had my first taste, I know I’m going to want more. It’s obvious that taking more of his blood is out of the question, however. If a vampyre drinks more than once from a human, the human becomes more and more immune to that vampyre’s plasma. And if that happens, the vampyre’s venom starts having an effect.

Only the Elders are allowed to change humans into vampyres, and for good reason! A vampyre’s venom alone is not enough to change a human. It’s required that all four elements – water, earth, fire, and air – are also present. If not, than that unfortunate human slowly deteriorates and becomes a sort of zombie. It’s a horrible and gruesome fate that no one deserves.

The bus pulls up in front of the school and I drag myself out of my seat. Wandering down the hallway, I am jostled and nearly shoved into the walls by passing students. Normally, I would just shove my way through, shoving as many students into walls as I have to, but I just don’t have the energy today.

I throw my things in my locker and slide down the wall to sit in front of it. I pull my legs in close to me, to keep them from being stepped on or tripped over by rushing students, and lean my head back against the locker. I am not what people would call a very emotional person. I keep a very level head and never let my emotions get the best of me. This does not mean, however, that I don't have any emotions at all. I actually struggle with depression on a daily basis.

Now, I can feel the thousands of suppressed emotions inside me threatening to burst free in angry tears. I force them back down and lock them away, deep inside my soul. Once I am sure I’m in control of myself, I get up and walk to my first class.

XXX

The rest of my day is exactly like this morning. Walk down the hallway, too tired to shove people out of my way, fighting the tears and trying to maintain a perfect happy mask. That’s what I call this mask hiding my true pain, my happy mask. Everyone knows I have it, but none of them can tell when I have it on or when Im genuinely happy. My friends actually call me Cheshire Cat sometimes because I always have a big smile on my face, no matter how depressed I am.

My second to last class of the day is Art. This is my favorite subject. I love the way we get to just go crazy with our artwork. Zora, our art teacher, is fresh out of college, probably around 25, and beyond cool. She is gothic, with black hair with one hott pink streak in it, and wears black makeup and clothes all the time. Plus that and she is crazier than all the kids in my class combined, and that’s saying something! Everyone loves Zora because she is so in touch with her inner teenager, so she understands us. Better yet, she is a total chocoholic so she has a big bucket of chocolate on her desk that we can steal candy from.