Telling Albus

Minerva paced the room as she waited for Albus to get back from his meeting with the minister at the ministry. She had only just found out the unexpected news from her best friend Poppy.

She had been feeling off in the past few weeks, but dismissed it as a bug she had caught from the students, after all it was that time of year and there was defiantly something going around. She began to throw up nearly every morning, and her husband, Albus had begged her to go and see Poppy. The only reason she did got to her best friend who always fusses over her was because she could see he was worried about her health, so that morning as Albus left for his meeting with Wilhelmina Tuff, Minerva went to see Poppy.

Now, hours later, she waited for her husband to come through the floo.

'why is this happening to us now!?' she thought as she paced the room. 'We have tried all of before and I couldn't even have kids with Albus even the healers told us that we would never have children, but this is a miracle but why did it have to be now of all times! We might be in a middle of a war soon for Merlins sake!"

She sighed and slumped herself down into a chair by Albus's desk just as he came through the floo. Minerva immediately stood up to greet her husband like usual.

"Ah, Minerva my dear, just the person I was hoping to see." Albus began seeing the light of his life right in front of him.

"Albus." Minerva started just as he brought her ino a hug which always brought comfort to her.

"Did you see Poppy today Min?" He asked not letting her continue. He had been very worried whilst he was with the minister wondering what was wrong with his wife lately.

"I did actually, and well that's what I have to talk to you about." She said not looking him in the eye because she really didn't know how he would react to this. Although this action didn't go unnoticed by Albus as he looked down at his wife, worry etched all over his face in what could be wrong with her. He couldn't see no physical wounds on her.

"What's wrong? Are you alright?" He asked sitting down in one arm chair as Minerva sat in the other, still holding her hand for support for her to tell him.

"Yes, yes i'm fine in some sort of way, it's just.." She began not knowing how to finish the sentence to give him the news.

"What? What is it Minerva?" Albus asked now extremely worried.

"Albus, I'm pregnant..your going to be a farther." She said finally looking at Albus wondering and concerned on what his reaction would be to this. He sighed a sigh a great relief and he slowed his heart rate down from the worry she was giving him.

"Oh thank goodness! Minerva you had me extremely worried that something was terribly wrong and nearly caused me to have a heart Attack my dear! That truley is wonderful news indeed!" He said as he embraced her into a very large hug. He was more than ecstatic to have a child of his own even though the doctors told them they couldn't. He knew how Minerva was heart broken by the news but they did deal with it in time and they had their teaching jobs.

"Wonderful!? Albus, in times like this. What if he were to find out? He would go after you!" Minerva said looking into his eyes fear and worry in hers. She did not want her husband to get killed because she wouldn't be able to bare it without him.

"No, my dear. Voldamort would not come after me, but indeed you my dear, you and our baby. How far along are you?" He asked making Minerva feel oh so much better. Not. This just made her more worried and concerned about everything.

"Exactly Albus! What will happen then? He could try and kill our child to get to you or me!" Minerva asked.

"Nothing, because it won't happen." Albus said with full confidence as he walked to the other side of his desk to meet his wife.

"Albus, don't be daft, surely he will find out about the baby." Minerva said a bit taken aback, from what Albus had said.

"Of course he will Minerva, but that doesn't mean I will anything happen to either of you." He said and Minerva just looked down at her hands still worried.

"You didn't answer my question Tabby." Albus mentioned after a moment of silence.

"You're question?" Minerva asked not remembering what he had asked her.

"How far along are you?" Albus repeated wondering when he would be a farther finally.

"I believe Poppy said about two months." Minerva said and looked up at Albus and into his twinkling blue eyes, which seemed to calm her instantly. Smiling, Albus came around to where his wife was standing and lifted we up bridal style. Minerva let out a scream.

"Albus!" Minerva squealed in surprise on what he is doing. "What are you doing!"

"Ah, my darling you need your rest!" Albus said as he carried her into his private quarters, transfiguring her robes into a nightgown and putting her down into bed. He transfigured his own robes into bed clothes and got into bed next to her.

"Goodnight tabby, I love you." he said as he placed his hand over her flat stomach, that would soon swell, as their child grew,

"I love you too." Minerva said placing her hand over his and they drifted off to sleep.