Chapter 17

Jungkook's POV

"I like you." I said cautiously, hoping, just hoping that I would get accepted.

I closed my eyes tightly, waiting for an answer but none came. I slowly opened my eyes to see Tzuyu with wide eyes.

"What do you mean by like? You mean 'like like'?" She said.

I nodded and that was it. I didn't say anything as she ran away. Though I hated, I could have described her as beautiful even though she ran away from me.

Once she was out of sight, I laid back down, looking at the sky which was orange with fluffy clouds being spotted around. I refused to cry, I refused to believe that she would reject me.

But no matter how much I tried to hold back tears, my eyes wouldn't follow the command I told them. It started with one tear down and then the whole thing just went, my wails were probably heard through the whole campus but I didn't care. I just wanted Tzuyu by my side.

Depressed and at an all time low, I forced myself to get across campus and dragged myself along to my room, it was times like this when Netflix and my bed would become useful.

Avoiding the weird look and remarks about my red, swollen eyes and my voice being practically like Gollum, I had finally got into my bed.

And there, I laid there for few hours until the time when I would be forced to get out.

---

It killed me when she talked to other boys, I hated it. I wanted to talk to her but I realised that after my dumb confession, that our relationship will never be the same.

At some times, I was desperate enough to just kneel and beg, just to take away those three words away:

'I like you'

These words could have meant anything to other people: friends, family...but these words, to me, are the words of destruction.

It was around this time when I despised love, I just hated it for making me the way I am today. Just making a crying and wailing mess. I'd just forget about everything, it seems fate wants me to stay alone, in a classroom with a teacher who is half scared of me and half angry at me, if fate wanted me to stay alone then I'd do what fate wants.

--

This time whenever I walked around, a new aura came around me. All filled with blazing fury and not a sign of sadness one bit, it was a changed me, a new me.

I could literally see the fear in the face as I walked around the campus and the dorm, the only way this you'd see me happy was if I was actually enjoying life, which I wasn't at this moment in time, or if you saw me with best friends (who of course, have no idea about how my heart is broken into a thousands pieces and will probably never be put back together.

I hadn't seen much of Tzuyu now, not that I cared anymore to be honest. I never saw her around the assemblies or with her friends, she wasn't even with her team. There again, that tiny slimmer of hope in me, just hoping that Tzuyu is going through the heartbreak that I'm going through and she will take back her decision. There is always that little hope, just that she'll welcome me back into her arms.

But of course, this type of hope was one of the reasons why I received this punishment so I've decided to just throw that hope away, maybe I'm too scared to go through heartbreak but I do know for one fact that I do not want to experience it again.

"Hey there JK!" Namjoon and Jin shouts from who knows where. I look around to see them on the first floor of the lobby, where all the computer and studying rooms are.

"You know, you should really be quiet there since loads of people are studying." I whisper but as always, they didn't hear so guess what?

They shouted even louder.

"What! I can't hear you!" They shouted as his voice echoes into different directions

"I said you should be even quieter since people are studying!" I practically screamed out loud.

"Oh - we'll come down then!" They replied and in about five seconds, I met them at the bottom of the stairs.

Jin looked around, "hey, do you know where Tzuyu is? You always hang around her don't you?" He asked.

A dragon roared inside of me but as much as I wanted to let it out, I quietly and painfully calmed it down.

"No." I said shortly, I didn't really need to say anything because I was trying really hard to remove everything with Tzuyu.

"Really...I thought you liked her."

"But Hyung, I don't like her." I said, obviously lying.

Jin and Namjoon gave a smirk, "yes! You do have a crush on Tzuyu, stop denying!"

Unfortunately my mental strength wasn't enough to keep the dragon, that I had been holding back for a while, and thus all chaos ensued.

"I don't like her! How many times do I have to tell you, she was the one that kept coming near me. I didn't even want to hang out with her in the first place, I don't like her!" I screamed at the duo, who was clearly surprised at my rant.

Soon after, there was an ear-deafening silence. The only thing I heard was faint sniffles coming from the first floor.

There was Tzuyu, all curled up into a ball, crying. She looked so fragile as if one wrong touch would make shatter into a million pieces, just like my heart.

Did I do that to her?

Am I the delinquent everyone says about me?

--
Too cliché?

If you liked the chapter then CLICK on that follow, vote or comment buttons.