二十九

[ 29 ]

LIGHT:
"it's been a while since we've last met. how are you feeling?"

DARK:
"i don't know if i have feelings anymore."

LIGHT:
"silly boy, of course you still do."

LIGHT:
". . . i knew i shouldn't have revealed my last love."

DARK:
"it's fine. i wanted to know, anyways. it's not your fault."

LIGHT:
"i could've been a little more strict, though. now look at the state you're in."

LIGHT:
"anyways, i'm sure you have questions for me since our last encounter. please ask."

DARK:
"you said loving will cause our guards to shatter, right? and without them, we're basically infants without their caretakers."

DARK:
"and you said if two victims of lovesickness are aware they had the same last love, their guards would be demolished instantly . . ."

DARK:
"so shouldn't i be dead right now?"

LIGHT:
"no, you shouldn't, actually. the only thing that happened was that your wall disappeared. that simply enables you to feel all these emotions you would've never been able to experience with the guard."

LIGHT:
"and love is one of them. you'll get to experience what true love is once again."

LIGHT:
"but your heart won't be able to withstand another breaker—or should i say your conscience. even though you think it's gone, it still lingers. think of it as your on board 911. it'll only appear when your life is at stake."

DARK:
"so what you're saying is if i throw myself into love again, there's a high chance i'll die if i fall too deeply for that person?"

LIGHT:
". . . ."

LIGHT:
"i believe you'll make the right decisions."