4. johnny boy

"baby boooooy, wake up! rehearsals in 15!" josh yelled, waking me up from my sleep. i groaned and rolled my eyes.

"fuck off, dog breath. just tour the world without me, youre hot, youre young, you can sing, you dont need me!" i said dramatically.

"tyleeeeer cmon, we can play slow town!" he said bargaining with me. i smiled brightly, knowing how much josh hated playing that live because of how personal it was to him.

"joshy!" i said and jumped off my bunk and embracing the boy in a hug.

"lets go, kiddo." he said he pushed me out of the trailer, what i saw standing out there could've made me vomit, "whats that doing here joshy?" i complained, looking at ashley standing there on her phone.

"fuck off, emo." she said and walked into the venue. i rolled my eyes and followed her, josh too busy playing candy crush to hear her rude comments.

"tyler, dressing room 6 for your outfit change and 5 for your paint, then hit the stage for a warm up and the meet and greet is at 5:30!" my manger yelled to me. i nodded and followed her orders, changing out of my pjs and into a black muscle shirt and black joggers.

"tyler look at my eyes i look like a sun god" josh said as i entered the make up room. i stared at the boy as my arms and neck was painted with black paint, admiring his every feature. pure perfection in his eyes.

"okay, warm up time!" josh said excitedly, playing the drums and smiling at tyler, the two of them doing what they love.

after warm up the had 25 minutes of down time before the meet and greet. they only sell 30 per show so they have time for everyone and tyler liked it small.

"josh wheres ashley?" i asked, rolling my eyes at the sound of her name.

"shes getting her seats with her friend mark!" he said excited, smiling at tyler.

"mark? isnt that a guys name?" he quickly questioned

"ya but she said hes gay, so its all good"  he explained and nodded.

//skip to the show//

the beginning of heavy dirty soul started playing and i knew it was time, me and josh ran onto the stage and the room erupted with cheers.  it was almost as beautiful as josh.

after the song ended i had a little bit to talk, "now, you probably think you know the set list, but guess what, were changing it for this show. this is johnny boy. josh and i wrote it about a guy aka me or you, or anyone, who doesnt know their way in life, but remember, not matter who you are and no matter what you are, we love you. and this is for you. stay alive." i said, strumming my uke to the beginning of it.

mid way through the show we had a q and a, where our security would pass around a mic and people would as us stuff like, "our favourite song to perform live" or "do you like canada more than the u.s" or "favourite food"

but one question stuck out more than anything, which caught me by surprise.

"tyler, are you gay?" a tall blomde girl asked, her voice shaking and her braces shining.

i started shaking, i might as well come out, everyone will know sooner or later right?

"yeah, yeah i am," i said simply, my voice quiet and high. 

the crowd erupted with screams and cheers, everyone freaking out.

josh turned to me and smiled widely, hugging me tightly.

the room wad filled with "joshler" chants and my chest ached.

josh spoke into his mic, "im dating ashley fragipane"

the crowd went silent, a few screams and cheers but not even half as many as there was for tylers coming out. tyler giggled and grabbed his uke,

"this is slow town" he said and josh ran back to his drum stand and the lights dimmed.