Chapter 2

Casey's P.O.V

I turned sixteen yesterday and I gotta say, it feels pretty cool. I'm older than my friends at school now, so this makes it ten times better!

My parents have been gone for seven years now and Jill still hasn't fully recovered. I've got this strange feeling that she never will.

"Happy birthday Casey!" My friends Mark, Dylan, and Jonah all said in unison.

"You guys ready to partay'?" They all screamed yes and we ran inside and ordered a few pizzas.

"Happy birthday Casey." Jill said, handing me a box with shiny red wrapping paper and a gray bow.

"Kiddo, you didn't have to get me anything."

"Well, I did. Open it and stop calling me kiddo." I ripped the wrapping paper and it was a thin, rectangular box. I took the lid off the box and got the best gift I'd ever gotten.

"You got me a New York Rangers jersey?"

"It was a lot of money, so don't mess it up you turd." She said, giving me a small smile. She said she's been saving up her money for something, but she wouldn't tell me what, so I take it that this is what it was.

"You wanna come hang out with me and the guys?"

"Nah, thanks. I gotta get my two hours of practice in before dinner. We'll hang out tomorrow." I nodded and she was off. I watched her run into the backyard and do her drills. The doorbell rang and my friends and I smiled.

"PIZZA!" I grabbed the boxes and paid for the pizza Aunt Mable left for me. "Let the party begin!" I exclaimed. We all ran upstairs to my room and logged out on pizza.

My friends and I ate every single slice of pizza, played video games until 4 a.m, and we played would you rather. Best night ever! They went home and I decided to finally get Jill out of bed being it was 9 a.m.

"Wake up sleepy head." She groaned and pulled the pillow over her head.

"Go away." Her muffled voice sounded.

"Come on. I wanna help you practice your tackling." She shot up and ran to her dresser. She grabbed her New York Giants shirt, Gray jogging pants, and her old sneakers. We ran out into the backyard and played a couple scrimmage games.

"You've got mad skills kid." I praised her. "And you really know how to take a guy down." I said, rubbing my left side because she tackled me and I fell to the ground.

"Thanks." She said plainly. There was a hint of pride gleaming in her big brown eyes.

We stepped inside and grabbed a bag of Pizza Rolls. I popped them in the oven and Jill and I both went to shower.

I ran downstairs and got down to the kitchen, just as the buzzer on the oven went off. Jill ran downstairs and sat in her normal chair, right beside me. I gave her a few pizza rolls and we ate.

"So, how good are these pizza rolls?"

"They're not half bad Case'." She gave me a small smile and walked up the spiral staircase and up to her bedroom.

Aunt Mable and Uncle Charles came inside and that Jill and I had some fun today. They gave me a smile and went into the living room. I sighed and went upstairs to my bedroom. I put my earbuds in and listened to Fuel by Metallica.

Jill's P.O.V

My alarm clock sounded at 6:00 in the morning to get me and ready for school. I got out of bed and picked out my outfit for the day; a green and black short sleeve button up, faded blue skinny jeans, and my green and white Nike's. I went downstairs and tried to find something to eat for breakfast.