Chapter 12

Chapter 12

As the words left his lips I felt my anger return. I let go of him and stepped back.

"You're what?" I spit.

"Going back to England. To be with my dad. He's going through some things and I wanted to be there with him. My mom and Gemma are staying here." His gaze slides to his hands and he's playing with his thumbs.

"So you're just going to leave then?" I cross my arms and my tone is harsher than I wanted it to be.

"Yes."

"So you don't care what I just said to you? Is everything that you said not true?" I'm up in his face now and my eyes are digging into his.

"No it is. Why are you so upset?"

"Why am I upset?!" I yell and put my hands over my mouth and sigh.

"It's not your choice. I want to be with my dad. He says he has a surprise for me and I want to be there for him." He explains.

"I get it but did you even think about staying here? With me?"

"Of course I did. But my family is more important right now to me and I don't want to disappoint my dad again." He grabs my delicate fingers and tangles them in his.

"I won't be gone for a long time. And feel free to call me at anytime and I'll be there to pick up. I swear."

He pulls me closer to him and his chest is against mine and I can feel my heartbeat increase. He bends down and rests his forehead against mine.

"Zoey.." He sighs softly and I can feel all my blood rush to my head and my legs go weak.

I can hear my phone buzzing on my bed but I want to ignore it.

"Are you going to get that?" Harry asks while removing his head from mine.

"No."

"Why?" He reaches for it and I tell him to forget it.

"Niall?" He looks down at my phone.

"Is it?" I reach for my phone but he moves his hand just in time that I can't grab it.

"Had a great time today. Can't wait to see you this Friday. Winky face?" He looks disgusted as he reads the message out loud.

"He came over." I shrug and reach for my phone again.

"You're with Niall? What are you two doing? Did he do anything to you?" Harry really sounds angry.

"No! He just came over and we went to Starbucks and-"

"You went out together?"

"Well we ran into each other. Why are you freaking out?"

"Because. It's Niall. He came over here? Do you like him?" He blushes and looks hurt.

"No! Not like that. I like you, Harry. I like you." My words got more confident as they came out and I could see a small smile grow on the corner of his mouth.

"You like me?"

"Have I not made it obvious?" I can't believe he would even ask that.

His lips curl into a full smile and he wraps his arms around my back. I rest my head on his shoulder and try to shake my trap arms but it's no use.

"I'm not leaving until Saturday. So we have plenty of time to spend with each other." His voice is raspy and dark.

"I'm up for anything." I whisper into his shoulder.