Chapter 17

Chapter 17

I look at the man that raised Harry. He is taller than both of us and very intimidating. He has the same smirk that Harry does and the same chocolate brown hair, but his is slicked back.

"You must be Zoey." Mr. Styles smiles.

"It's nice to meet you Mr. Styles. Thank you for letting me stay here with Harry." I hold out my hand and Mr. Styles takes it firmly.

"You're very welcome. Harry's told me a lot about you. Can't believe you got him back into a bakery." Harry looks up at his dad and pouts.

"He just needed a little shove to get rid of the attitude."

"You're 100% right. Thank you for that." Mr. Styles looks at Harry who looks at me. I give him a small smile but he doesn't return it.
"There's a car that will be waiting for you both in about twenty minutes. It will take you to the party where I will meet up with you later." Mr. Styles waved goodbye and closed the door behind him.

"Twenty minutes?" Harry whispered very quietly. I looked over at him and caught him smirking at me. I smiled and pulled down my dress again.
"I only need 5." He growled and grabbed my arm to stop me from pulling down the dress.

Harry grabs me by the elbow and lays me down on the bed. I bounce and slide back before he can get me. I hop off the bed and stand opposite him while he playfully smiles and climbs over the bed to me. I back up and hit the closet door. I open it and slide in between the clothes, which are all covered with plastic.

"Cmon Zoey. We don't have time." He whines and walks up to the closet. "You'll have to catch me, Harry." I tease but he doesn't sound amused anymore. Suddenly it gets really quiet and I feel like Harry stopped moving. I reach for the handle but the door swings open before I can grab it. I scream and fall backwards against the inside closet wall.

"Ow!" I rub the back of my head as Harry bends down to pick me up. He grabs my hand but holds it firmly.
"Not falling for that one again." He smirks remembering the time I pulled him down in the flour at the bakery. I release his hand and crawl forward out of the closet. Harry reaches for my waist but misses as I sneak out under him. I get to my feet but Harry wraps his arms around my waist and picks me up. I kick and scream playfully as he holds me tight against his chest.
"Not...going...anywhere." He huffs as he fights against me. He plops me down on the bed and lays on top of me. I grab the tip of his scarf and slowly pull his face to mine. Our lips are barely touching when we hear the car honk outside. I smile up at him and look him dead in his twinkling green eyes.

"Guess your time is up babe." I whisper dramatically and he only smiles down at me and doesn't break eye contact. He gently kisses my dry lips and gets off of me.
"Looks like we'll have to continue this later." He grabs my hand and pulls me out of the room to the front door.

Harry grabs a shawl from the closet next to the door and hands it to me. It's perfect...I wonder if it was his mom's. I wrap it around my shoulders and head out into the cold. Harry wraps his arm around my shoulder and holds me close to him and I can't help but feel butterflies when he touches me. The driver is waiting by the back door for us to crawl in. I thank him and sit down inside the small car, Harry follows and shakes the snow from his hair. I hit his arm because it flies all over my lap and he takes this opportunity to get a free feel of my lap and slowly wipes off the snow flurries.

I glance up at him but his eyes are focused on his hands touching my lap. I twitch my leg and he stops.
"Are you alright?" I take his hand in mine.
"Just a little nervous." He shrugs and wraps his hand around my fingers.
"Nervous about what? This is your dad. And your friends. I'm the one who should be nervous." I roll my eyes at him but he doesn't seem amused. At all.
"These are not my friends...I haven't spoken to any of them since..." He stops talking and looks out the window.
"Dramatic. Tell me what happened. Was it something with that girl at the house?" I tug on his arm so he looks at me.
"No. Yes. Maybe."
"What is it Harry?"
"Yes. But I can't really tell you. Not yet." He looks away from me and I catch the driver's eyes in the rear view mirror. Does he know something too? What is this huge secret that I can't know about?

"Whatever."
"Hey," he grabs my arm and turns to face me,"I will tell you soon. I promise, you just have to trust me."
"Fine." I fold my arms and stare out the window.

A long ride of silence followed.

---------

Harry helped me out of the car and we walked hand in hand up to the front entrance of the building. It seemed to be a banquet hall, just like we have back home.

"Harry..." I whisper as we walk inside.
"Yes?"
"I nee a charger for my phone. I need to call my dad."
"We'll get one tomorrow." He lets go of my hand and waves to a girl across the room. Harry tells me to head to the bar and I do, wondering who this other girl is.