Chapter 3

Over the next few days, Alex was haunted by those sapphire blue eyes. They were so intriguing and captivating and held so many secrets. The shadow wolf even followed Alex into her dreams and she could not get her mind off of it.

Where did he, come from? Has he always been in the valley? Or did he get past the patrols in the ravine? These questions flooded Alex's mind as she leaned against the kitchen island, nursing a cup of green tea while lost in her thoughts.

Suddenly, hands slammed on the countertop in front of her and a voice loudly exclaimed, "Guess who's back?"

Alex jerked, nearly dropping her mug, yet effectively throwing hot tea over herself. She cussed as she set her mug down, "Damn it, Jason! Can't you see I'm holding a mug with obviously hot liquid in it?" She scolded angrily at the culprit.

Jason snickered quietly at his accomplishment. "How was I supposed to know you would get a fright?" he said innocently.

Alex glared daggers at him as she proceeded to dry herself and clean the spilt tea. "You know that I get a fright when I'm deep in thought." She said angrily

Continuing to feign innocence, Jason plastered a frown on his face as he went to the fridge. "I didn't know that you were deep in thought." He said sweetly as he leaned against the fridge. "You didn't look d-" He didn't get to finish his sentence as a wet dishcloth slammed into his face.

"Alexandra!" A woman's voice scolded entering the kitchen. "That is no way to treat a friend, especially when he hasn't seen you for so long."

She gaped slightly before remarking, "No, but that's how you treat someone that makes you spill your drink."

"Good morning Luna Annobel" Jason greeted after sticking his tongue out at Alex, to which she only sneered.

Annobel sighed as she turned to Jason. "How many times do I have to tell you to stop calling me Luna. It's just Annobel." She said sternly.

Jason smiled sneakily before answering, "Yes ma'am" he said earning a glare from Annobel.

Alex sighed as she set her empty mug in the sink, "You should be careful. One day she's going to smack you so hard that you'll run out of here like a naughty puppy with your tail between your legs."

Annobel and Jason smiled before he spoke, "Speaking of smacking people, for someone who doesn't have a wolf you can really throw a dishcloth" placing emphasis on the word 'throw'. "Nearly threw my head off." He added sarcastically.

Alex smiled. He always had a way of exaggerating everything amusingly and she was grateful for it as it kept her mind off of more disturbing things "Relax, you'll live." She said before adding in a very serious and cold tone, "However if you weren't the beta's son and possibly future alpha, I most likely would have finished you off years ago."

Jason stood wide-eyed next to the island and tilted his head back to Annobel, all the while keeping his eye on Alex. "Hey Annobel," he asked.

"Hmm?"

"You sure Alex isn't a psychopath?"

Annobel turned around and stood next to Jason, looking from him to Alex and then back again. "I don't know." She said in a curious tone. "Do you think we should have her tested?"

Jason nodded slowly as they both suspiciously looked at her before all three of them broke out in laughter.

"Oh, I missed you so much," Jason exclaimed as he pulled her into a sideways hug and kissed her on her head

Alex returned the hug. "I missed you too," she said smiling and an idea came to mind. She poked Jason playfully in his side. "You still such a good shot?" She asked.