TWO

word count: 1390

↳  CHAPTER TWO:

REUNION 

      SCHOOL HAD FINALLY ENDED AND Virginia couldn't be sadder. The young girl was smart and liked learning and would rather stay in school with idiots than go to work. She did like working at Pop's Chock'lit Shoppe. It was rather the customers she didn't like. In a way, Virginia wasn't a people person. She wasn't popular or an outsider at school, she was just a ghost. She could get through a day without getting noticed while some days, Holly Parker or Cheryl Blossom would boss her around.

Virginia Hopkins could be a people person if needed. At Pop's she managed to be polite and get good tips from the customers and it was what she lived off of to survive. 

Virginia wasn't necessarily poor but she did live on the edge of town where the police frequented more often than where Archie Andrews or Cheryl Blossom lived. There, she lived with her mother, a lazy drug addict, who was the joke of the town. 

She was a smart girl for being fifteen and found a job with Pop, who took her in as his own. Virginia knew that her money was for college and couldn't risk leaving her money at home, so she left her money with Pop's until she could deposit the money in a secret bank account.

It was 3:30, the typical end of a school day and Virginia hopped onto her old rusty bike. She looked around, noting how the parking lot was already empty of students before pushing off the ground to get to work. It took her about 20 minutes to get to Pop's, leaving Virginia with ten extra minutes to change into her uniform and clock in.

The brunette wore the typical server's outfit of a button up shirt and apron and immediately began to pick up tables.

A couple hours into her shift, she realised lots of kids who went to her school were there eating dinner in fancy outfits. Then, it dawned on her that it was the school dance and yet again, she missed a school dance.

"Hey," Virginia turned around and sent a small smile to Evie who stood in front of her nervously. 

"Hi," Virginia replied.

"I'm sorry about this summer," Evie gushed, wringing her hands together. "I know I've become a bitch and I'm sorry! I got caught up with the whole popularity thing and now I'm friends with Cheryl and Holly and it feels so weird! I'm not sorry for making new friends but I'm sorry that I left you behind and forgot about you."

"It's okay, Evie." Virginia picked up plates from an empty table as Evie followed her around. "I always knew you would want more friends and I get it, I'm not a people person."