TWENTY NINE

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE:

EVIE

     ARCHIE, JUGHEAD, AND GINNY were lounging in Archie's room when Mr. Andrews knocked on the bedroom door. Ginny still felt uncomfortable around Fred Andrews because he acted like her parental figure. In all honesty, she was glad Fred treated her like a daughter. But that made her feel bad about her decisions in life.

"I'm, uh I'm headed out. Sorry to be missing your birthday this weekend, Jug." Archie's dad said, looking at the birthday boy with a disappointed look on his face. He felt responsible for his son's friend, especially with FP Jones as a Southside Serpent, he felt like he needed to be the father Jughead needed. Ginny also needed a parental figure in her life with the absence of both parents. The sad part was, even though Fred would take Jughead and Ginny in instantly, he didn't have enough money to support them.

"Oh, you will not be missing anything, Mr. Andrews, I barely acknowledge my own birthday." Jughead replied, glancing up at the grown up in the doorway.

"Arch, can you give me a hand downstairs?" Archie's dad asked, motioning him to follow behind. Archie complied, standing up and followed his father, leaving Ginny and Jughead alone.

"Jug," Ginny pouted and Jughead glanced towards his best friend. His pale hands dropped the remote from his fingers so he could give his undivided attention to her.

"What?" He asked with a shy smile, getting up from his position on the ground to sit on the bed with her. Ginny was sprawled out on the bed, her legs covered in black leggings were hanging off the end of the bed and the crop top she wore showed off her tight figure.

"I feel bad but–" Ginny bit her lip but sat up from her position and looked at Jughead. "I might be working on your birthday."

"That's okay, Gin." Jughead replied quickly, understanding why she was getting upset. Ginny loved his birthday, especially since he was only a few weeks older than her. "It's just the movies, nothing special."

"But we always do this and I feel bad to miss out on your birthday." Ginny whined, flailing her bony arms in the air in defeat. She bit her lip as she leaned towards the dark haired boy, wrapping her arms around his neck. Ginny giggled as Jughead teasingly pulled himself from her grasp. 

"Ginny," Jughead warned, pointing his finger towards her in mock anger. "Whatever you're thinking– don't."

"At least come to Pop's after the movie?" Ginny asked him wistfully, a look of adoration was sent her way. "I get off at 7 and I want to spend your birthday with you."