EIGHTEEN

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN:

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN:

PITCHFORKS

JUGHEAD JONES WAS GLAD THAT ARCHIE was the one to find him in the school. He knew that if anyone else found out, he would get kicked out from sleeping there– or worse it be Virginia who was already burdened enough with secrets he was dying to know of.

"How long?" Archie asked his friend, crouching down to survey Jughead's current living space.

"Well, since they shut down the drive-in. That's where I was living before."Jughead told his old friend with a shrug, watching him survey his small hideaway.

"Why the hell are you not living at home?" Archie breathed out, standing up.

"The truth is, things aren't good at home." Jughead replied, scratching the back of his head.

"With your dad?" Archie's brows raised in question, wondering what had happened during the summer– during freshmen year, everything was fine with the brown haired boy.

"Yeah. He kind of fell off the wagon. After your dad fired him, to tell you the truth. Hasn't had a job since. He keeps promising that he's gonna get his act together, but my mom couldn't take that rollercoaster anymore, so she grabbed Jellybean and went to live with our grandparents."

The school bell rang loudly, cuing Jughead to close the closet door and hide his secret. "Come on."

"God, Jug, why didn't you tell me? And where does your dad think you are?" Archie asked, concerned for his friend– he was living in a freaking closet!

"He thinks I'm couch-surfing. Mostly thinks I'm at Gin's."

"Well, screw that. Live with me." Archie retorted, not wanting to question why he wasn't sleeping at Virginia's. He knew that the past day or two something had happened between them and didn't want to bring it up.

"This is temporary, man. I'm going to figure something out. Just don't tell anybody. Especially not Betty."

"Betty?" Archie scoffed as Jughead looked at the ground. "She's not gonna care. If anyone's gonna be a snob about it, maybe Veronica."

"Right," Jughead sighed. "Well, exactly. Don't tell her, either."

"Jug," Archie grabbed onto his friends arm, a concerned look plastered on his face.

"What about Ginny?"

º º º