Chapter 1 Part 2

Mr. Jones had allowed the students to pick their seats, Tyler let everyone find a seat so he could choose the last empty seat. It was his favourite strategy. He'd ended up siting next to the only guy alone, whom he'd later discovered was named Josh.

The teacher was talking about the school rules, along with what he expected from his students and Tyler was doing his best to write it all down. He didn't know what was important, so he tried to write everything. Tyler was having a hard time getting it all, he looked flustered and overwhelmed. Josh kept looking back at him.

"Hey, uh," Josh whispered, "need any help?"

Tyler was about to deny his offer, but then figured it'd be better if he didn't.

"Yeah uh, hi I'm Tyler."

"Hi Tyler, I'm Josh," Josh held his hand out, for Tyler to shake, "so, why're ya writing everything down? I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but y'know."

"I have a memory disability. I basically forget everything."

"Oh, oh. Uh okay, here," he pushed the pencil and paper, Tyler had been using for notes aside. Tyler gave him a confused look, "how about I just write all the important things, from every lesson after each class for you?"

"Thank you, are you sure though? I wouldn't want you to do extra work, just for me.." Tyler's cheeks flushed a pale pink.

"Don't worry about it, you'd be doing too much extra work if I didn't help. Besides a few extra pages of writing won't hurt, it'll probably help me along the way as well."

"Oh t-thank y-"

"Boys!" Mr. Jones shouted at them, and startled the rest of the students in the process, "pay attention please, you can talk after class. This isn't a great way to start off the year."

All eyes were on Tyler and Josh. The only thing they could choke out was a "sorry," under their breath.