J for jealous?

Jessica felt something hit her face as she sat with her cheek in her hand. She opened her eyes to see Katy frowning at her and a grape sitting on the table below her.
"Have you been listening to me?" Katy asked watching as Jessica yawned shaking her head no. "What were you doing last night?"

"Watching this documentary about vegetari-"

"Not really the answer I was hoping for" Katy interrupted making Jessica roll her eyes at her friend and give her a really look. "What?"

"What were you saying?" Jessica asked going back to whatever Katy was saying before.

"There's cheerleader try outs" Katy said looking over at Jessica as they sat in the lunch hall. "I wanna go"

"What for?" Jessica asked unscrewing  her water bottle. Jessica sipped on the water.

"I wanna be a cheerleader" Katy stated proudly making Jessica nod in fairness "You should come with me"

"I don't want to be a cheerleader" Jessica stated her eyes widening at the thought of being a cheerleader.

"Hey look it's the new girl" Katy said quietly as a short dark haired girl walked past to join the line for food. "She has a brother as well"

"What's her name?" Jessica asked before eating some of her sandwich.

"Elizabeth Peters I think" Katy replied twiddling with the core of her apple. Jessica nodded noting it in her mind. "She's in my maths, from Australia"

"Hey did you hear?" Ethan said sitting down next to Jessica. Jessica looked at him a little taken back by his presents. "I'm not the new kid anymore" Ethan stated making Jessica raise her eyebrows and smile at him.

"Yay" Jessica replied making Ethan roll his eyes before standing up yelling a 'catch you later' at her as he walked away. Patrick sat at the table next to Jessica making Katy look at them and sigh a little. "Hey"

"Hey" Patrick replied "Are you still coming to mine?"

"Yeah I think so" Jessica replied "I was thinking though I need to stop at- hey" Jessica said nudging Patrick as he got distracted by someone walking past. She looked behind her to see the new girl. She looked rich. A bodycon black dress showing off her body and a black shoulder length. Perfectly shaped eyebrows and clear skin. She was tall-ish. Long legs mainly. She had slightly tanned skinned.

"Hi" Elizabeth said

"Hey" Patrick replied making Jessica looked between them.

"Can I sit?" The new girl asked. Katy looked at her and then at Jessica.

"Yeah" Patrick replied making Elizabeth smiled and slid in next to Katy. Jessica looked at the girl. She was stunning. Jaw dropping. Jessica bit the inside of her mouth.
"I'm Elizabeth but you can call me Betty" she smiled, her eyes flicking around the table.

"Patrick" Patrick replied making Katy look at him with a frown.

"I'm Katy" Katy smiled turning the attention away from Patrick. Elizabeth smiled at her before turning towards Jessica. Jessica gave her a blank look.

"This is Jess" Patrick introduced for her

"Jessica" Jessica corrected

"You hate being called Jessica" Patrick said slowly

"Jess is a friend only thing" Jessica replied quietly. Elizabeth frowned and smiled still before they were out into an awkward silence.