Chapter 2

"Nobody said it was easy, no one ever said it would be this hard."- 'The Scientist' by Coldplay.

I blinked, forgetting all about my food in the microwave and the plans I had made to watch the first three Harry Potters. I loved the others, but they were all too sad for right now.

"Um...hi?" I questioned, feeling my left eyebrow raise.

Lana stood next to me, while 5 boys were on the sofa, three of which looked a little confused. I knew why - they didn't know who I was and were wondering why I wasn't hyperventilating or something. But that still left the fourth. Niall - the fifth - I already knew, so he was cool.

I looked at Lana. "I wanted you to talk to someone who understood you," she said, simply.

I turned to the band, still confused. "What are y-" Then, the fourth who seemed to know why he was here stood up. He had black hair held up in a quiff, a chiseled jawline and deep eyes. He wore grey joggers and a black v-neck, but it wasn't his looks that stopped me from speaking.

"Lana called for me to come round," he said, nervously. "Niall came, for obvious reasons and the rest...well they were bored."

I ignored the boy and turned to Lana, my hands folded across my chest. "What did you tell him?"

"Nothing, I just told him I knew someone who knew what he was going through," she explained.

"What?" I scowled.

"I think ths will make you feel better." Lana persisted, gently.

I looked at her and then the guy. "I don't feel like talking right now." I wasn't being stubborn - I mean, would you share what makes you most depressed with a stranger? Let alone a celebrity.

Lana pulled me by the arm to stop me from walking away. "Look, Saniya, I promise this it going to make things easier -"

"Easier," I repeated bluntly. "Lana, how the fuck is this supposed to help? It was only yesterday, I don't even know how I feel about everything!"

I didn't care that I was probably hurting my best friend. I didn't care that I was probably making things harder for myself. And I definitely did not care that I was causing a scene in front of a famous boyband, including her precious boyfriend.

"You can't just ignore it!" Lana flared up, forgetting about the boys as well.

"I'm not ignoring anything!" I yelled. "I told you, I need to figure things out! What I don't need is to talk to some other Asian guy who apparently has the same problem I do!"

"You're being stubborn!" Lana yelled as I rolled my eyes and walked back up the staircase.

"JESUS CHRIST!" I shouted, becoming more irritated by the second.

I went back up into ... into my room and slammed the door shut. My suitcases were in the corner and stuffed to the brim, staying in the same place ever since I moved in when my parents fell into their comas. I had been living out of the suitcases and the cupboards remained empty. I was in half a mind to leave and find some other place to stay after Lana's insensitiveness. 

The smallest case contained my books which were cushioned with pillows and fandom t-shirts. I pulled out my red Gryffindor t-shirt and replaced my other one with it, also taking out Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I set myself on my bed and pushed all thoughts away by reading.

Zayn's POV

I didn't even know this girl and she was probably the scariest person I'd ever met.