Chapter 11

"So when you feel like trying again, reach out take my hand see how great it could be." - 'Take A Chance On Me' by JLS.

I was awake at three in the morning, having finished my morning prayers, when a thought struck me. It wasn't really invading anyone's privacy...

I tip-toed out of my room and peered round the ajar door into Zayn's room - it was pitch black, but I found him by hearing his deep breathing. I winced as the floorboards creaked beneath my footsteps; I had a lot of space to cover before I reached the other side of Zayn's bed, as I needed to get to his left side. Having reached there, I lifted the short sleeve of his t-shirt and noticed fresh looking wrapped bandages in the same position where  I had wrapped them six days ago. I sighed and looked underneath his bed - there were still the same amount of boxes, however one was open and three-quarters of the contents had been used. Suddenly noticed Zayn flinch.

Crap.

I looked up to his face, but his eyes weren't open and there was no indication that he noticed I was touching his shoulder. I stared at him, worried and curious. He began making short and sharp grunts of discomfort and he started twitching. Lines creased on his forehead and his eyebrows narrowed; he was scared...terrified. The look on his face made it seem like he was about to burst into tears, however I didn't wake him up - a forced conversation at three in the morning may not bring out the best of his personality. It wouldn't bring out the best in mine.

Having contemplated more than I bargined for, I made the same exagerated tip-toe movements out of his room and into mine, my mind still dwelling on possibilities for the cause of Zayn's disturbed sleep.

I was woken up by Liam at eleven in the morning. I groaned, flopping my hand all over his face before finding his mouth and covering it, my eyes still shut. "What the hell, Liam? Why you in my room?" My voice was muffled, from the hair that had somehow wound up in my mouth.

He sighed, obviously hoping that the task of getting me up before two in the afternoon would be easier and took my hand off his mouth. "I knocked first and and you didn't answer - and we have to leave in two hours."

I sighed. "Dude, I get ready in five minutes - one time I woke up ten minutes before I was meant to leave for school and I was out the door in fifteen." (A/N true story - it can be done!)

"Well, I have to go wake up Zayn - wish me luck."

I smirked at the thought of Zayn attacking Liam from waking him up - then I remembered him a few hours ago and was suddenly wide awake. We were going to have some immense talks on that tour bus.

I rolled out of bed, and received a strange sense of déja vu  when I landed face flat on the ground. However, the sound of my contact with the ground was muffled from the yell from Zayn's room.

"Liam, I don't want to!" He wailed like a child.

I heard another thump and felt a strange surge of laughter run through me along with curiosity to see what had happened. With - surprisingly - a lot of difficulty, I lifted myself from the floor and poked my head round Zayn's door to see him in the exact same position I had been in - face down on the floor. I couldn't help it - I cracked up laughing.

"Oh, dude, I could get used to waking up and seeing that every morning!" I breathed.

"Oh, shut up," Zayn yawned, turning over, smiling a little.

I rummaged through my suitcase and opted for my black nike hi tops, dark blue jeans, my Guns 'n' Roses t shirt and my dark grey hoodie, pushing the sleeves back to ust under my elbow. I brushed my hair and left it out, not really bothered to do anything with it.