Chapter 21

"One more spoon of cough syrup now, oh." - 'Cough Syrup' by Young the Giant.

Louis and I sat next to each other roaring with laughter at the musical in front of us. The others found this twice as funny (as it wasn't the twenty-sixth time they had watched it) and lost the ability to breathe.

"I can't believe I'm saying this," Niall choked. "But Lou's got pretty good taste in YouTube videos!"

"Hey, don't get too caught up," Liam said, laughing. He seemed to deny the fact that Louis could watch something so good. "Saniya was the one who decided to watch it in the first place."

"He's got a point, man," I sniggered to Louis, who was laughing too hard to be offended.

"I still can't get over Umbridge being played by a guy!" Harry cried.

"Yeah, isn't that the guy who played Voldemort?" Zayn questioned, breathing deeply to control himself, though there were tears in his eyes.

"Yep," I smirked.

"Dude," Zayn muttered in awe. "He's got guts, man."

We were halfway through the first act, when I felt a sudden pressure on my ribs. I turned to realise that Zayn had nudged me. 

"What?" I whispered, not wanting to break anyone;s concentration form the musical.

"Almost forgot," he murmured, reaching into the pocket of his varsity jacket which was slung over the sofa's armrest. "Our musicians made the instrumental and put it on a CD for you. Asked for you to listen to it, see how it is." He handed me a case which contained the CD.

"Sick," I grinned, gripping the case. "I'll try it out later."

'Later', was a lot later than I'd bargained for. Because they liked the first act so much, everyone really wanted to watch the second one as well, even though we'd been staring at the screen for over an hour.

I got up, getting a confused look from Zayn. "My eyes are hurting," I muttered. "I think I'm gonna get some sleep."

Zayn's POV

We had finished watching A Very Potter Sequel, and everyone was debating over what to do next - another movie was probably what was going to happen. I swear down, we're going to need glasses pretty soon.

I was distracted, however; my thoughts kept wondering to Saniya. I wanted to hear her sing - again. When we were on the roof the other day and she sang to me...it was amazing. Her voice was different - not massively powerful like Beyonce, or high-pitched like Jessie J...it was simple. Simple, yet, it made you feel something when you heard it. It was a strangely good feeling to know I was the first person she'd shared her song with and she'd told me it was the first time she'd ever sang in front of anyone. In a way, I wanted to keep her singing to myself, but I wanted everyone else to hear it as well.

"It's Zayn, can I come in?" I asked, as my phone began buzzing with mentions.

"Yeah."

I entered and saw Saniya sitting on her bed, holding a book in her hands. The instrumental was still playing.

"What are you reading?" I asked, suspiciously.

"Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix," she replied looking up. "Best book of the series."

"Really?" I grinned. "I prefer The Philosopher's Stone."

She smiled. "Can't compete with the book that started it all," she said, wisely. "That one's my second favourite. I think because Order of the Phoenix is more political I like it more - you haven't really seen that in the previous four, so it's different. "