Chapter 13

"Before you tell me anything, how was your day?" - 'Worldwide' by Big Time Rush.

Zayn and I put our plates in the sink, when Niall came running in, looking pretty excited. Or, well...unnaturally excited - that could only mean one thing...

"She's on!" He exclaimed, jumping three to four feet in the air. "Saniya, she's online! Come on!"

I was surprised that Niall came and told me straightaway, rather than talking in private with Lana for half an hour before telling me. I grinned, running after him to his room.

His laptop was on his bed and he jumped on, making it shake a little. I joined him, a little calmer, as I didn't want anything broken. Niall pressed the 'call' button on Skype and in a matter of seconds, we were looking at the smiling, slightly tanned face of Lana De Rosa.

"Lana!" We both yelled, in loud, over-excited voices.

Then, we bombarded her with all sorts of comments and questions.

"You tanned!" I yelled.

"Is the food better than it is here?"

"You tanned?"

"What happened about the internet?"

"YOU TANNED!"

"Have you seen the art studio yet?"

"How did you tan -?"

"Is it everything you always dreamed of?"

"- You never tan!"

"GUYS!" She yelled, controlling her laughter. "One at a time, man!"

I still couldn't get over the fact that Lana had tanned - normally she gets sun burnt of goes all red and blotchy - which is why we hardly ever go to the beach.

"I have tanned. The food's great - better than Spanish food in England," Lana recited. " I tanned, the internet's a bit weird here, even though I live in a pretty rich part of town. I TANNED, and I haven't seen the studio yet, but I'll be checking it out tomorrow so I'll send you pictures and stuff, and that brings me to my next point - I walked from the airport to my aunt's car - that is how I tanned, I don't know if it's what I'm dreaming of for obvious reasons and I know I never tan." She took a deep breath, after finishing her mini-speech. "So how's things in Sydney?"

"It's colder than Queensland -" I began.

"They have Nando's -" Niall butted in.

"Yeah, but it isn't halal -"

"There aren't any homeless dogs -"

"Zayn and I made chicken -"

"Which is inedible."

"Cause you can't  take the heat -"

"The amount of chilli you put in there should be illegal -"

"Don't eat my food -"

"I can't, it's not physically possib-"

"HEY!" Lana yelled, interrupting us once again. Niall and I never really argued...we were strangely like family, despite the fact being I didn't know him that well.

We both waited for her to say something.

"Saniya, your cooking isn't humanly possible to consume," she said, flatly.

Niall and I breathed out heavily - me from defeat, and him from satisfaction.

I shook my head. "Lets leave my traditional habits out of this, OK?" The others chuckled and I couldn't help but smile myself. "It's colder than Queensland and the bus looks like someone knocked over the Empire State Building and cut the top off."