Worrisome

"Yuki... Yuki..." I opened my eyes as I saw my parents. "Okaa-san? Oto-san? What...?" I trailed off. "Oi! Open up!" Angry men banged on the door as they were trying to get it. "Hurry, Yuki!" My mother took my hand as she lead me up the stairs.

"Okaa-san, what's going on?" I asked her. She didn't answer as she and my father took us to their bedroom. I heard the front door slam open. "Where the hell are you, you no good crooks!" I heard angry people. "Okaa-san, who is that?" I asked.

"Here! Hide her in here!" Father said as he opened their closet door. My mother picked me up and ran over to where my father was before putting me in the closet. "Okaa-san, why am I in here?" I asked her.

"Yuki, listen to me. No matter what, don't come out of this closet, okay?" She said. "But why?" I asked in an emotionless tone. "Yuki, just please do as I say and stay in here," Mother hugged me tightly. "I love you so much." She whispered.

"Kala, hurry! They're coming!" Father said. My mother broke the hug and closed the closet door. "There you are!" Angry men burst through the door and corned my parents. The angry men held weapons in their hands and began to attack my parents.

I watched as my parents were beaten and killed by the angry men. But I didn't show any emotion. I didn't cry, not even a single tear escaped my eyes because they weren't watery. Why was I so calm? Why wasn't I crying?

I love my parents, yet I don't feel anything. Not pain nor sadness. "Let's go." The men left, leaving my parents in a pool of blood. Once I made sure the angry men were gone, I stepped out of the closet and looked down at my dead parents.

I stared down at them emotionlessly as my feet stood in their blood. After standing there for two minutes, I left the house and walked into the woods, disappearing into the darkness.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I opened my eyes, gazing at the dull ceiling. I sat up and placed a hand on my head. "It was only a dream." I mumbled before getting off the couch. "Yuki-chan..." I looked over as Yui stood there. "Are you okay?" She asked.

"I'm fine." I said. "Oi, Yuki-chan! Come on, you're supposed to help me in the garden! Did you forget?" Yuma said. "I must have. I'm sorry." I apologized, my voice emotionless. "Tch. What a pain. Come on." Yuma said, leading the way.

"Excuse me." I said to Yui before following Yuma. Once Yuma and I were in the garden, I began to pick the tomatoes. "Hey, what's wrong with you?" Yuma asked as he examined a tomato. "What do you mean?" I asked, returning the question.

"I noticed you've been acting weird, so what's wrong with you?" He repeated. "I don't know what you mean. I'm perfectly fine." I said, emotionlessly. "Hmph. So you keep saying." He said. I glanced at him before going back to work.

"Here, try this and tell me if it's good." Yuma said as he shoved a berry in my mouth. I began to chew it. "Oishi." I said, emotionlessly before swallowing. After we were done picking the vegetables and berries, we went to school.

"Yuki-chan, are you okay?" Yui asked me. "Yes, I'm fine." I said as we walked up the stairs. "Are you sure? Because... um, you're walking a bit funny." She noticed. "Don't worry about it. I'm... fine..." I said as I trailed off.

I began to sway a little until I fell backwards, falling down the stairs.

Yui's POV

"Yuki-chan!" I ran down the stairs and was quickly by Yuki's side. "Yuki-chan! Yuki-chan!" I tried to wake her up by shaking her shoulder, but she laid there unconscious placed my hand on the back of her head until I felt something wet.

I looked at the palm of my hand and saw blood, making my eyes widen in fear. "Help! Please, somebody help me!" I yelled, hoping for someone to hear me. "Quit your yelling, sow." Yuma said as he appeared out of nowhere.

His gaze went from me to Yuki. "Yuki-chan?" He kneeled down and checked her pulse. "What happened to her?" He asked me. "She fell down the stairs! Please, help her!" I begged. "Hey, quit yelling. I'll take her to the infirmary." Yuma said as he picked her up.

Yuma carried her down the hall. I held my hands to my chest as I prayed for Yuki to be okay.          

Yuki's POV

I furrowed my eyebrows together before opening my eyes. I saw a dull ceiling staring back at me as I stared back at it. Where am I? I sat up as a damp washcloth fell off my forehead. "You're finally awake... Yuki-chan..."

I looked to my left as Azusa sat in a chair, sitting close to me. "Where am I?" I asked. "You're in the infirmary... Yuma carried you here... after you collapsed..." Azusa answered. "Collapsed? Oh, that's right. I do remembering blacking out." I said in an emotionless voice.

I raised my hand to my head and felt a bandage around it. "Why do I have a bandage around my head?" I asked Azusa. "Because... your head was bleeding... after you fell down the stairs..." He said. "Blood?" I repeated. He gave a slow nod.

"I see," I threw the blanket off of me and walked towards the door. "Let's go." I said to him. Azusa followed me out the door as he walked close behind me. "Don't you... want to rest?" He asked, slowly. "No, I need to see if Yui is okay." I said, emotionlessly.

I turned the corner and saw Yui getting her blood drunken by Yuma as Shu was walking away. "Yuma-kun, what are you doing?" I demanded. "Just making a point." He said with a smirk. "I see." I said, looking at Yui. "Yuki-chan, are you okay?" She asked.

"Yes, I'm fine. It's just a small head injury. Don't worry." I reassured her. "Ruki and Kou... were worried... when they heard what... happened..." Azusa mentioned. "They can stop worrying. I'm fine now." I said before walking to class.

Yui's POV

I'm worried about Yuki. She acts like she's fine, but I know she's not. Why doesn't she care for her own wellbeing? Why is it that she cares about everyone except herself? Yuki... Please tell us...

Talk to us...

What's wrong with you?