A Song for the Sleeping Vampire

"What?" I opened my eyes as I found myself lying on a bed. "Did I fall asleep?" I asked myself as I sat up. I froze when I realized this wasn't my bed and this wasn't my room. "Where am I?" I mumbled. I glanced behind me and saw Shu beside me, sleeping soundly.

I attempted to get out of bed until a hand grabbed my wrist. "So, you're awake." I figured. He didn't say anything as his eyes remained closed. "Where am I?" I demanded with a small frown. "In my room." He mumbled.

I took my hand out of his hold and ran out of the room. 'If I'm here, then no doubt, Yui's here, too' I thought. I turned the corner and ran down the hall until I found Yui's room. "Yui!" I burst into her room just as she was waking up.

"Yuki-chan, where... are we?" She asked. "We're at the Sakamaki's House." I answered, emotionlessly. "That's right..." She murmured before straring off into space like she was remembering something.

"We have to leave. Now." I said as I grabbed her hand. "Huh?" Yui asked. "We can't stay here. We have to leave and go back to Mukami." I said. "Wait, just a moment," I glanced back as Reiji stood there. "Get dressed and come to the living room." He said.

"Let's go," I looked at Shu as he grabbed my hand and lead me out of Yui's room. "Shu-kun, where are you taking me?" I asked in an emotionless tone. "Don't ask so many questions." Shu said. I stayed quiet as he took me to who knows where.

Finally, after walking for a bit, Shu had led us to a room with a piano. "I want to hear you sing a song." Shu said as he lied down on a couch. "That's why you brought me here? So, you could hear me sing a song?" I asked, emotionlessly.

"You ask too many questions. Just sing." Shu commanded. I sighed softly, closing my eyes. "Very well." I said. I took my seat on the couch and Shu took the opportunity to lie his head on my lap. This reminds me when I sang for Ruki.

I wish I could, but I'm stuck here. "Does it matter which song I sing?" I asked Shu. He shook his head while his eyes were closed. I sighed again and I gently placed my hand on his hair, gently stroking it as I began to sing:

Sleep soundly safe in his heart

You no longer have to face the evil in the dark

Just rest your mind

And leave your pain behind

Remember softly

Of a time

When the world was so bright

You've fought so bravely, my dear

And so you can rest for now

There's nothing left to fear

Fighting onward

You dreamed unreachable things

But now your dreams carry you

To a place where these things come true

I'll hold your hand while you sleep

So, don't be afraid

I won't let shadows touch your dreams

Maybe in time

We'll leave this all behind

We'll look up skyward

And the stars, they will shine in your eyes

Promise, you'll wake up in time

When you awaken, I will be there by your side

There's a person

He'll fix the broken mistakes

I'll find him and journey on

I will save you, whatever it takes

When I was finished singing, I opened my eyes and looked down at Shu. "Shu-kun?" I asked. He didn't respond as he was sound asleep in my lap. I sighed as I let him rest there, gently stroking his hair. I closed my eyes once again as I thought to myself. 

I have to get out of here... I have to go home.