Chapter 1: Life as it Changes

I'm 23 now, and I felt complete, like all the puzzle pieces fit into place; everything was perfect. The only hard part was how Dylan and I went to different colleges. But after the 4 painful years of not seeing each other everyday, we decided to move in together, we needed to make up for those years somehow. We stayed in New York so we were close to our loved ones.

I was now a 10th grade English teacher at the same high school Dylan and I went to. Dylan was an actor and he was slowly becoming more famous. He was starting to film the 6th season of Teen Wolf and he had a lot more opportunities ahead of him. I was so happy that he was doing something he absolutely loved.

We lived in a 4 bedroom house because we wanted to start a family soon, even though we weren't even engaged yet.

Today was Dylan's off day for work, so he was home all day. It was Friday, so it was my last day of work for the week.

"Hey Dylan, I'm home!" I called as I walked into the house.

"I'm in the living room!" He called back.

I put my keys down on the counter and walked into the living room. Dylan was sitting on the couch, his back towards me. I walked over to him and rested my chin on his shoulder.

"Hey sweetie, how was work today?" He asked and I kissed his cheek.

"It was alright, but I'm happy it's Friday!" I said and he laughed. "How was your day off?" I asked starting to massage his shoulders.

"It was alright, I just practiced some lines for Teen Wolf, and that's pretty much it," he responded. I lifted up my chin, and sat down on the couch he was sitting on and rested my head on his shoulder.

"Ready for our date tonight?" Dylan asked.

"Of course! I just need to change really quickly."

"Same," Dylan said and we walked into our bedroom together.

I looked in my closet and pulled out a deep red short sleeved cocktail dress and I put the necklace on that Dylan gave me when he asked me to prom. I slid on my black heels and looked at myself in the mirror and I was satisfied. I saw Dylan looking at me through the mirror and I turned around. He was wearing a light blue dress shirt, a black tie, and black pants.

"You look stunning," he said.

"Thanks Dyl," I said and slowly walked towards him.

I put my hands on his shoulders and said, "I love you," and placed a kiss on his lips.

"I hate to break this wonderful kiss with you, but we should probably get going," Dylan said as he pulled away.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"You'll see. Put this on," he said and held out a blindfold.

"Alright..." I said very confused.

He wrapped the blindfold around my eyes and I couldn't see anything. He guided me to the car and within a few minutes, the car stopped moving.

"I'll help you get out," he said and kissed my cheek. Then I heard the car door close and within a few seconds, he was holding onto my hands.

"Careful," he said as I felt my heels sinking into the ground. Grass? Where are we? I thought to myself.

Once we stopped moving, he said, "okay Nicole, you can open your eyes now."

I slowly took my blindfold off and I saw Dylan on one knee with a ring in his hand. I covered my mouth and tears of joy fell down my face.