Chapter 28 - At the Airport

Charlie's POV

Callie's best friend Linda was tall, her hair was light brown and she had pretty much of a suntan which made her freckles on her face even more recognizable.
She kept asking me a ton of questions and I wonder if Callie had told her anything about me because it seemed like she was trying to find out if she could trust me or not.

"Since when are you living in LA?" she asked me.
"Since 2015," I answered, not even having the effort to give her a longer reply.
Callie, who was sitting right next to me on the couch, lightly punched me into my ribs. I turned to her frowning to ask what's wrong. She gave me a that-wasn't-nice-of-you look and pointed with her eyes to Linda's direction. I realized that she stopped talking and stared at me with a raised eyebrow.

Oh shit. I haven't listened.

"Ehm I'm sorry, I didn't hear that. What did you say?" I tried to fix the situation.
"When are you two flying?"
"At 8pm," I said and took a look at my watch.

Thank god, it's ready to leave.

"Oh it's already so late, I think we should go to the airport now," I looked to Callie and she nodded in agreement.
It's not that I have anything against Linda, maybe her curiosity, but I just wanted to be alone with my girl. I haven't seen her for more than 24 hours.

"Let me just change my clothes real quick, ok?" Callie mentioned.
"Okay," I replied, saw her getting up and disappearing in her bedroom.

(•)(•)(•)(•)(•)(•)(•)(•)(•)(•)(•)

"Charlie, where are we even going?!" Callie complained while she tried to catch up on me. I had to chuckle a little bit because she looked so cute running after me.

We were at the airport, walking through a long empty hall on our way to the airfield.
"I'm sorry that we have to rush, I would pick you up if I didn't have to carry these bags," I said to avoid her question.

Hopefully she'll like the surprise.

"Hey, you didn't answer my question! Where are all the other people?" she asked impatiently. I couldn't help it but I had to grin.

"Stop walking so fast, you're almost running!" she yelled and grabbed me on my shoulder.
I almost winced at her unexpected touch because it was like she sent hot tingling electricity through my veins which always happens whenever she touches me. There's this magnetic aura around her that literally pulls me closer, making me attracted to her.

She looked at me and I exhaled quickly thinking about what I should do now.
My subconscious just shrugged about the idea in my head so I took both of the actually pretty heavy bags in my right hand, bend down to wrap my arm around her thighs and shouldered her.

"AAAHHHHH.... CHARLIE, STOP!" she screamed and hit me on my back.
"Now you can't complain that we have to walk so fast," I said and laughed. I just really hoped that I will be able to keep carrying the heavy bags with one hand. Maybe my workouts will pay off.
"HOW DARE YOU ARE?!" she was still screaming and suddenly I became a hard slap on my butt.

"Ouch!" I shouted out of surprise and jumped a little. She giggled and it was such a beautiful noise.
"I have this really big desire for slapping your ass right now but my hand isn't free," I said gnashing my teeth, pretending to be upset.
Or no, actually... I was upset.
Callie's hand flew down on my butt once again but it didn't surprise me.
"Be careful what you do... Or-,"
"Or what?" she interrupted me, laughing.

"...or you will pay for that," I whispered in a serious and deeper voice.
Her body tensed at my words and she didn't say anything or hit me anymore.

After a few minutes we arrived at the door for the airfield and went outside. My right arm was already getting really tired from carrying the baggage but luckily there was a car for us to bring us to our plane.
I threw the bags into the car, let Callie down and opened the door for her just so my hands had to do something or I would've probably slapped her ass. Her face had a big grin on it and it warmed my heart.
"Thanks for finally letting me down," she winked and gave me a kiss on my cheek. Her soft lips touched my skin only a tiny bit, almost like butterfly and she got into the car. But it still affected me in a way how no girl ever did.

I also got into the car and the driver started the motor. No one really said anything because the atmosphere between me and her became tensed and I had to control myself not to touch her. And I'm pretty sure she had notice it because her cheeks blushed.
We drove past some huge international airplanes and it took some time until I could see our little plane.

"No... No. No no no no no! This isn't first class, that's a fucking private jet?! Are you serious? Oh god, no."