Nico

I've been living here for two months now. It gets a bit old and boring sometimes, but I have friends. Percy and Annabeth, for example, and Piper, Jason and Leo. Frank and Hazel, too. They had recently moved in and I discovered that Hazel was actually my sister. Well, half, really. The school that they used to go to was attacked, and so Athena's was redesigned to include dorms for Roman gods, too. Hazel still had a year at school, but I visit her sometimes. And I've noticed Frank does too. But that's ok, I like the guy. He's pretty friendly, and wouldn't hurt a fly, considering he turns into one sometimes.

I yawned and then groaned. Mornings were the worst part of the day. Not to mention my job. I worked at the Three Bean coffee shop. It's not really exciting on a daily basis, but I get payed once every two weeks and that's enough to keep me living at home pretty well. After washing my face and freshening up, I slipped a black and white t-shirt and jeans on, throwing on a hoodie and walking to work. My shoelaces flopped around as I walked, as I neglected to lace them until I had to. I walked into the coffee shop's back entrance and tied my apron around my waist, flipping my black bangs up and braiding a section of my hair out of my face. My co-worker, Austin the Apollo boy, walks in and immediately his eyes flash in pain, then he smiles and waves. He's one of the few guys who aren't afraid of me, since my powers have been growing stronger and sometimes I lash out when I'm angry. I glared at him and he shrunk back a little, then nodded understandingly. I went out to the front of the shop and stood at the cash register. Piper walked in, looking happy as usual, then her expression dimmed as she walked in and yawned.

"Hey, Death boy." She joked at me and I smiled back, though something flashed inside me and I cringed inwardly. I hadn't been called that in... I'm not sure how long.

"Hey, Pipes. What can I get you?"

"Double chocolate expresso and two blueberry muffins- heated. I am sooo tired today." She yawned again for emphasis.

"No problem." I handed the order back and smiled. "Usually that would be $8.94, but today seems like a rough day already for you. It's on me." Her eyes lit up and she gave me a warm smile.

"Thanks so much, Nico. You're the best."

"Anytime." I handed her her order and she took it, flashing me a smile and a wave before leaving the shop. I checked the time. It was 9:00- usually people would be rushing in to get coffee before work by now. I was right. A group streamed in and a line formed in front of me. A dark haired guy ordered quietly and when I handed it to him, he took the cup quickly and nearly spilled it, splashing a few drops on his shirt and thanking me hurriedly. Glad to see I had that effect on people. I rolled my eyes. The next customer was a sandy haired, tan guy. I recognized him from somewhere- that's right! Will. He used to be a top notch doctor at the infirmary, and now I think he lived next door. He gave me a faint smile, not looking me in the eye. Then his gaze went back to Austin, who was making the coffee, and he grinned.

"Austin! Hey!"

"My man, Will! How're you doing?"

"Great! I guess." He chuckled. Then he turned to me.

"Um, hi." I started.

"Hi." He answered briefly. He had a smooth, honey voice.

"Welcome to Three Bean coffee shop, what can I get you?" I asked him.

"Hmm? Oh, right. Uh, a white chocolate mocha, please?" He still didn't look at me.

"Coming right up." I scribbled the order on a cup, passed it back and waited a minute for Austin to make it. Then I handed it to Will. "That's, um, $2.99." He handed me a 5 dollar bill and I poured the change into his hand. 
"Thanks."  And with that he walked away.  I was used to people being nervous around me, but that was different.  He wasn't nervous- he was... sad? I'm not sure.  I cleared me thoughts and moved on.  At the end of the day I made myself a hot chocolate and locked up the coffee shop.  I trudged back home and immediately went to my room- I was far to tired to do anything else.  I opened the door and noticed something I had never seen before.  There was a small, unnoticeable crack in the ceiling, latched tightly with a lock.  I flipped it open and pushed it up.  To my surprise, it flung open and a ladder fell to my feet.  Of course, I climbed up and realized I was sitting on the roof of my house.  I lay back.  It was a warm night, and the cool breeze made me drowsy.  Lying under the stars,  I smiled softly.  They were beautiful.  All of a sudden, something gently flew into the sky, leaving a trail of gold behind it and landing at my feet.  I picked it up- a glowing paper airplane.  Smiling, I opened it.  Hello.  I read the word in script.  Then I jumped softly down into my room and hung it on the ceiling.  Little did I know it was the first of many.

CHAPTER TWOOOO!! HEHE OK SO AS YOU ALL KNOW FROM THE LAST STORY WILL AND NICO DO NOT OFFICIALLY KNOW EACH OTHER!! WHERE DID THE PAPER PLANE COME FROM?? HMM... FIND OUT NEXT CHAPTER!! SEE YOU THEN,
XXSAM