Nico

I trudged away from the school borders with my backpack over my shoulder.  I had promised Will that I'd be back in a few days, but there was this feeling nagging me in the back of my mind that told me that wouldn't be the case.  My feet seemed to know where to go, but all of my surroundings were new.  I bit my lip and kept walking.  My eyes shifted nervously as a cold breeze blew, ruffling my hair out of my face.  I pulled the collar of my jacket over my lips.  My fingers tapped on the strap of my backpack.  I was getting closer to the city, and from there I had to get a car.  I paused for a minute to tie my shoes.  My mind drifted and my fingers instinctively tied the knots.  A growl sounded from behind me.
"Oh shoot." I whispered without turning around.  I could tell from experience that this was a hellhound.  Normally I would just send it back to the underworld, but with Wills powers I couldn't.  I drew my sword and turned around.  The monster towered over me, snarling.  I turned and ran to the flashing lights of the city, and the beast pounded after me.  I slashed blindly behind me, and heard a whimper followed by a snarl.  Well, at least I didn't miss.  I dashed behind a tree, pressing my back to it.  The hellhound stalked closer, sniffing, and I jumped out, sword ready.  I stuck it, and a large gash appeared.  I almost felt bad, but then it pounced.  I rolled to the side and slashed again.  It blocked my strike with a massive paw, knocking my sword out of my hand.  It swiped at me again, and I jumped, not thinking.  Its huge claw had left a deep cut across my leg.  I dashed around to its side and grabbed my sword, stabbing it. It crumpled and I pulled my sword out, watching it dissolve into a golden powder.  My leg throbbed and I cursed at the injury. It would only slow me down.  I slowly sat down, opened up my backpack, and took out a roll of bandages and a needle and medical thread.  I may not be a son of Apollo, but I had to take precautions.  I ate a small square of ambrosia before stitching the wound up carefully, wincing.  Then I wrapped it up in bandages.  I used the thread to stitch the rip in my pants together from the hellhounds claws and kept walking.  I came across a taxi when I entered the city and, though it took a while, managed to get him to drive me all the way to the border.  The drive was quiet, but I was grateful for the silence.  I rested my hand on my cheek, watching the scenes pass out the window.  I chucked, my voice low, as a small flock of harpies fought over a food stand.  The owner was waving around a magazine screaming at the "stupid birds". I wasn't sure when, but at some point I must've fallen asleep, because I woke to the driver telling me I had arrived. I ran my fingers through my hair and handed the driver his pay before slamming the door shut behind me and shouldering my backpack.  It reminded me of the last time I had driven in a cab- my first day at Athenas. That was so long ago. I remembered how Will had taken every opportunity to help me out and get to know me.  What an absolute angel.  I slipped through the border and into Canada.  From here on I was walking, I suppose. To the drivers on the road, I must've looked like some runaway who'd been sleeping on the streets for while, or a hitchhiker.  Oh well.  I fingered the hilt of my sword, twisting it around.  All of a sudden a rainbow light shimmered in front of me and I smirked. I kept walking.
"Will," I acknowledged.
"Nico! Sorry, I worry." He grinned sheepishly.
"Don't worry! I'm fine." I jokingly stepped back and turned in a full circle so he could see.  He started to laugh, then he noticed my stitches.
"Are those.."
"Hellhound attack." I shrugged it off.
"Already!! It's only been two days! Gods, Nico! You never manage to stay out of trouble, do you?" I could hear the exasperation in his voice. 
"Yeah, yeah, whatever." I laughed. "Don't worry about me, I'll be home soon."
"Promise? I can't stand it here without you for mush longer." He winked.
"Promise."
"Promise you'll come home safely."
"William Solace, I swear on the River Styx that I will return home safely." He laughed and I joined in.
"Ok, Neeks. I want to stay with you, but I have to go. I love you."
"Love you too. Now go, they need you." He blew a kiss and disconnected.

WHAT DO U THINK IS GONNA HAPPEN? THANKS FOR READING, LOVE YALL AND SEE YOU NEXT CHAPTER!!
XXSAM