Chapter 16

Chanel Rhodes|Nelle
It's Friday, tonight is when the war begins. I'm not even nervous about this setup, I'm used to it now. We go in flirt, distract, get them cornered, then the boys come in and do what they need to do. Shoot anybody who you find useless.

I'm currently in class and I feel eyes on me I looked around the whole room to see Tammy and the minions staring at me.

"Can I have my face back? Damn staring like I got on something that belongs to you" I said rolling my eyes completely annoyed

" Girl ain't nobody staring at yo ugly ass, you just really want to be seen"

"Ugly? Bitch, you make me giggle. You ain't popping shit so I ain't even worried bout you" I said then turned around in my seat.

I'm ready to go. I didn't even wanna come to this shit today, Neither of my Best friends are here. Tyree wasn't feeling good this morning and Tyra had to drive to the other side of town to handle some business for Nana.

The only reason I even came today was because I had a test that I couldn't miss and Mr.Robinson wasn't going to let me make it up if I did.

It's the last period of the day and we're not really doing anything so I decided to read a book on wattpad until it's time for dismissal.

After another hour It was finally time to go so I grabbed my bag and walked out. I was heading in the direction of the student parking lot when I heard my name being called. I turned around to see Ace jogging a bit to catch up to me.

"wassup big bro"

"Hey sis, have you heard from Tyra ?" he asked while hugging me

"Not since lunch, why is something wrong with my best friend?" I asked while pulling out my phone to call her

"There's nothing wrong with her, she's just been ignoring me since yesterday night"

"Why what'd you do?"

"Nothing, she went through my DMs and seen some messages from this jawn I used to mess with."

I put my phone back into my pocket then stopped to look at him.

"Did you cheat on her with this girl?" I asked staring him in his eyes.

"No, hell no I respect her way too much for that"

"Then why's she mad"

"She's mad because I responded. The girl was saying how she misses me and how she wants to come see me, I didn't entertain the convo or nothing I kept dry texting her. T mad because she said I shouldn't have texted back at all" he said with this slightly frustrated look on his face.

I giggled at the fact that Tyra difficult ass actually has him stressing. It's rare that you see Ace stress he's more of a laid back type of guy.

"I'll talk to her, " I told him as we began walking again

"Thanks, sis"

We got to the student parking lot and he hugged me once more then we departed from each other and went to our separate cars.

I got in my car, cranked up and pulled out of the parking lot. I started in the direction of King's house.

I told him I'd come over after school to take care of his sick butt.

I was at a stop light when I received a phone call from Tyra. I answered and her loud voiced boom through the speakers of my car.

{Phone Convo}

"Hey best-friend"
"Hey boo, wassup"
"Where are you?"
"On my way to your house"
"Oh, you're about to go take care of the big baby?"
"Leave him alone, he's not a baby"
"Girl bye, yes he is... For a thug, he's soft as fuck when he has the damn flu'
"Whatever but speaking of big babies, Why aren't you speaking to Ace?"
"Cause he was entertaining a dusty ass, nappy headed ass hoe"
"Girl but if he was dry texting her why does it matter? it's not like he was entertaining the conversation"
"I don't care he shouldn't be texting her back at all"
"Tyra quit being petty and call that damn boy"
"But I--"
"But nothing, go call him"
"Fine."
"I'll talk to you later"
"Ok hoe, go take care of your man. Love you"