28 - flames

[IM BACK ;)]

Violet's POV
-
I brush through my hair slowly as I just think about last twenty four hours. So much has happened, I don't even know how it passed by so fast.

I set down the brush bending over to pick up my lipstick now. The whole situation between me and the joker has completely changed, I just didn't know one kiss could change it all. Now I wonder how much everything has changed for him.

After I was done applying enough lipstick I back away from the mirror just overall looking at myself. Why do I feel different as a person? I feel like I barley recognize myself. I just tilt my head.

I place my hand on my mothers necklace and sigh. I remember a saying she used to always tell me, 'things always happen for a reason' and maybe that's true.. A small smile grew on my face and I back away from the mirror.

I'm all done getting ready and now I guess I just have to wait until the joker calls to say we can go. I begin to hum to a song called ocean eyes, and make my way towards the bed.

I sit down on the edge quietly and decide to just wait here, as I don't want to even go back downstairs where that fake Barbie is. And yes, I am talking about Harley. How could she really be here, I squint at the thought.

Suddenly I feel something sticking out from under the bed. I furrow my eyebrows, and look down. I move the bed sheets out of the way and it reveals a dark purple box. "What is This.." I mumble to myself.

Should I look at it?.. It must be the jokers obviously. No, no I shouldn't that's his privacy. I wouldn't want him going through my stuff either.

But as I stare more at the box the urge gets more tempting.

"No!" I refuse and begin to tap my feet eagerly staring at it. Fuck, let's be real he would definitely go through my stuff without a doubt. Maybe just just a peek..

I begin to tighten my eyes and reopen them slowly as I grab the box, I place the box in my lap. It feels slightly heavy I suppose. I turn around and look at the door feeling like I know what I am doing is wrong. Oh well.

I start to take off the lid slowly. Immediately my eyes land on papers as there was a lot. I also notice the second biggest thing which was a regular dark blue pistol.

Ugh I know I'm snooping but I feel like I need to do this. I just want to know what else there is. I start to dig into the papers and my eyes land on a passport. And without a second thought I open it and I see it's the jokers, well clearly it's his.

My eyes open wider as I skip to the page of the passport where the photo is. My mouth dropped. His photo looks so... Different, he doesn't even look like himself. He doesn't look pale nor does he have any green hair. Holy shit.

I scan the whole paper and now my eyes land on his name. My heart for some weird reason skips a beat as I read his name.. And it isn't the 'joker'.

"Jack Niaper" I whisper lowly at the page. His name is Jack! Joker, jack. Huh that's pretty similar. I just can't believe I now know. It's his real identity. I would've never guessed this.

I shake my head and close the passport putting it back into the box. I've seen way too much. Guess I now know how he looks without his green hair and stuff. He never shares much of his past.

I then notice something under all of the papers that was hiding in the bottom of the whole box. It was even a tiny more box, but not just some ordinary one.. It was an engagement one.

I pick it up and open it looking at it intensely. Why would he have one? I open it. There was still a diamond ring inside, and it was certainly beautiful I must say. I sigh.