#2 - Deep End

(Jia's POV)

He caught my eyes since day one.

I was used to the life where I would constantly be surrounded by snobbish men, bragging about their status and work, boasting about money in their branded suit, sleek hair and branded watch, and not to mention those annoying grin as they talked with such high volumes desperately wanting to be noticed or heard. I kept meeting these men in high end parties, business meetings, small gatherings for afternoon tea, and I could always make them out of the crowd from the corner of my eyes. And each time I would play with them, boost their ego to later use them as pawns, and sway away for the next men who would follow me around like sick puppies the moment they bore me.

Until I met him.

It was at a simple after hours gathering at a small pub, and I was there along with my colleagues wasting our time of the night. I was sitting at the bar, sipping down on my dry martini slowly as I listened to the man in front of me blabbering on politics and other subjects that he acted as if he was so good at, smiling uninterestedly to hide of my boredom.

"Jia," a voice called and I looked over to one of my close friends from work calling for me. I smiled at him immediately as a response, highly hoping that he could drag me away from the tedious man that just couldn't take any hint even after I yawned gracefully during our chat.

"I want you to meet someone," he continued, answering my wish and I gladly let him take my hand away from the bar - without saying goodbye to my previous acquaintance. "I met my old friend from campus and we were talking about some work that I might be doing together with him. I just figured that letting you meet him and listen to us will be much more interesting than listening to that bloke," he said as we walked by to his table, giving me a wink which I later laughed at.

"Thank you. You are a life saviour."

He let go of my hand once we reached his table. And he was already sitting there. "Min Yoongi," he introduced himself with a crooked smirk before he nodded at the empty seat as a signal for me to take.

It didn't take long for me to tell the difference between him and the other men in the room. His mannerism, his careless stare, his voice when he spoke - that deep and raspy tone of his which captivated me, even when he didn't lay his eyes on me as I sat there listening to him speak of his work with such humble and a hint of pride.

I couldn't take my eyes off of him. Not even when she came.

I watched as his lover came and he immediately pulled her over his lap. I watched how his eyes changed. How he looked at her with such admiration and such desire that brought out jealousy all over me. The look that I have never gotten from any man that took me home in their arms, or those that I took into mine.

I want that.

I suddenly decided. I want someone to look at me the same way. No. I want him to look at me that way. Only him. And his eyes only at me.

Besides, I would look better by his side compared to her.

✤✤✤✤

If there was one thing that I learned from my quests with men, was how much they love the chase. How they all loved the pride from conquering a woman and not the other way around. So that was all that I did.

Every time I joined in on one of those occasions filled with snobbish men trying to grab my attention, I would do a little secret game of mine. Pick either one that was eligible as a pawn, give a little flirt and a subtle smile to poke on his pride, and all I had to do was just wait until he wiggled his way to tail me around as I pleased. And even do as I pleased.