Chapter 1

"Ahh!! Another great day to go running with my tire! Harucchi, hurry up! I'll be going first!" Sawamura grabbed his 'partner', and started running, dragging his tire behind him.

As Harucchi was tying his sneakers, he smiled at the motivated player. He loved to see Sawamura in such a good mood, reminding him that it would be another great day. Sure, Sawamura would go out of control sometimes, but he never hated his wild personality. Playing baseball without a person like him on his team would be boring.

Harucchi heard someone coming, and turned around to see Furuya. He smiled. "Another great day, isn't it?" Harucchi looked back at Sawamura. "Eijun-kun is still normal, even though we lost that practice game the other day. He seemed down after, so I thought he wasn't going to be okay in practice, but I guess I worried for nothing." He looked to Furuya. "How about you? Are you feeling-" He stopped. He noticed that Furuya was watching Sawamura run, and what seemed to be a... smile? Harucchi turned confused. Furuya usually had the poker face, and didn't really care about anything (except for baseball, of course). "Furuya?" He said. When Furuya didn't answer, he tapped his shoulder. "Furuya?" No answer. Harucchi shook his shoulder. "Furuya!" He shouted.

Furuya blinked a couple of times, and finally turned to Harucchi. "I'm sorry, what is it?"

Harucchi sighed. "Man, I'm right next to you, and you couldn't hear me? Anyway, I was asking about the game yesterday, but let's not worry about that. Are you okay? You seemed a little happy there." He didn't want to mention about him watching Sawamura, even though it was strange, but he didn't want to put any pressure on Furuya just in case.

"Uh..." Furuya turned away. Harucchi turned more confused. Was his ears turning red? Was it something he said? "Ah, okay. Well, I'm gonna go run with Sawamura since he wanted me to. Wanna come with us?"

Furuya stayed faced away with his ears still red. "Ah, no. You can go. I'm going to the bullpen with Miyuki." Furuya walked away, leaving Harucchi staring. What was wrong with Furuya? Was it the game yesterday? But the score was almost tied, so it was no big deal. Plus, Furuya did the most pitching in the game. After all, he's the ace. So why was it that Furuya was off today? Just as he was about to go, he found Sawamura standing right behind him. "Whatcha doing?"

Harucchi yelped. "Eijun-kun! You scared me!" Sawamura laughed. "Sorry, Harucchi. You weren't coming, so I thought you needed some help or something. Anyway, what were you and Furuya talking about? Did he yell at you? I'll go and give him a talking-to!" Sawamura started stomping off. "Wait, no! He didn't do that! Where do you get these kind of ideas in your head?" Harucchi pulled him back. "But I did notice that Furuya is acting weird today. More strangely, he was watching you run."

That made Sawamura stop and leave him confused. "Watching me run?" He thought, and turned upset. "I bet he's looking for some revenge!" He pointed at the sky. "You wanna go, Furuya? I'll make sure you taste my wrath!" He laughed. Harucchi shook him. "Hey, stop that!" Sawamura continued laughing, and finally stopped. "Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go run, Harucchi!" Sawamura dragged his tire and started running.

Harucchi sighed. Sometimes Sawamura was a pain to look after, but again, he never hated his personality. Harucchi ran to catch up with Sawamura and decided to deal with the Furuya situation later.