Chapter 8

"Running again, I see." Sawamura widened his eyes. "Kuramochi-san!"

Kuramochi hit his head which made Sawamura yell. "That's senpai for you!"

Sawamura yelled and rubbed his head. Ignoring the comment, he asked, "I thought you were already sleeping."

Kuramochi sighed. "Well, it's the complete opposite. Guess I'm nervous about the game tomorrow."

Surprised, Sawamura said, "Nervous? That's not like you, Kuramochi-san." With that, he got another hit and yelled again. Holding his head, he cried, "That hurt!"

"I SAID, sen-PAI! Use your manners, idiot," Kuramochi said angrily. Sawamura pouted. "Anyway, what were you and Haruichi talking about?" Sawamura blinked and quickly turned his head away. "Nothing..." he murmured. Kuramochi couldn't hear. "What'd you say?" Sawamura frowned. "I said nothing."

Sawamura felt another pounce on his head. "Ow! What-" Kuramochi stopped walking and turned to look at him. Sawamura felt taken back; Kuramochi never looked at him so seriously before. They stared at each other until Sawamura started to get a little flustered and took a step back. "Kuramochi-san..?" Kuramochi sighed. He suddenly sat down with his legs and arms crossed, which made Sawamura confused. "What are you doing?" Kuramochi looked up at him. "What do you think I'm doing?"

Sawamura thought for a bit and said, "You want me to go?" Kuramochi got irritated. "Idiot, you're not going anywhere!" Sawamura blinked. "Huh?"

"Sit down." Sawamura wanted to protest, but he sat down anyway. "You." Kuramochi pointes his finger right in front of him. "You're telling me everything, right here, right now. Go." Sawamura blinked. "Huh?"

"Go on," Kuramochi said. Sawamura kept blinking. "I-I don't know what to-"

"IDIOT! Who do you think I hang out with everyday?" Sawamura tilted his head. What did anything have to with this? "Um, Makato-senpai..?" Kuramochi didn't get upset, but sighed. "You're not wrong, but I'm talking about all day." Sawamura raised his eyebrow. "But I don't hang out with you all day." Kuramochi gritted his teeth, wondering why Sawamura was so oblivious. "Think harder!" Sawamura thought again and said, "Makato-senpai?"

Kuramochi punched his face and Sawamura fell to the ground. "It's that Miyuki bastard, you idiot!" Sawamura had his hand to his face and groaned in pain. But he looked up and said, "Kuramochi-senpai, I didn't know you and Miyuki were such close buddies!" This made Kuramochi pissed, and replied, "Don't you dare think that I'm nice! He's the one who doesn't have any friends, anyway." Sawamura stared at him for a moment and laughed. Kuramochi got irritated and raised his fist. "What's so funny? You want another smack in the head?" Sawamura kept laughing, but then he realized the whole part of the conversation and widened his eyes. Kuramochi noticed and lowered his fist. "Hm?"

After taking a moment, he started blushing as red as a tomato. There's only one reason Kuramochi-senpai was talking about Miyuki: he must've told him about that situation! He actually wanted to call the 'fake boyfriend' thing off because it was just too embarrassing, and it's not like there was a point in telling everyone about a fake couple. But he couldn't get the chance to talk to Miyuki alone and he wanted to tell Haruichi but he couldn't deal with more people right now. But everything became the opposite right in this moment and now he was going to have to explain himself.

Sawamura didn't even realize what anything was happening and was only thinking to himself. Kuramochi, in the other hand, was glad because as he was staring at Sawamura, he felt a little flustered as well.

~~

Hi guys! Took longer than expected, but I'm just so I satisfied with this plot, so sorry for dragging it. I'm thinking of posting the last part after this and just making a second series so I can make a better plot. Also, if you have any other fanfic ideas, please let me know! I love the daiya no ace fandom, but I also want to try writing other fandom books. Thanks for all of your support!