Metal Gear 7.1

To the left of Pliskin, on the lower level, sat the new evolutionary weapon, surrounded by platforms and a walk way. The weapon was dormant and looked as if it were a sleeping beast, a beast that could wake up at any time; though the weapon was not standing, Pliskin could tell the machine could easily have stood twelve feet tall. The room was silent, no soldier or scientist in site. Pliskin had a queer notion that all was not as it seemed; he thought about the last two men he'd just taken out, they couldn't have been all the armed soldiers left guarding this facility. Ernest stepped on the other side of the door when suddenly it slid shut behind them; both Pliskin and Ernest turned on the spot to witness a dark and large muscular man decked out in a night BDU, his arms crossed as he stared through the glass into the eyes of Pliskin. Sitting next to him was Tanner who had just begun accessing the computer closest to the staircase. "That's HAWK." Ernest exclaimed "He's the one in charge of the PMC's that patrol here," referring to the muscular man on the other side of the glass. "He's the one mentioned in that E-mail?" Pliskin inquired, starring right back a Hawk.

"That's him. They don't usually relieve the others until... uh oh..." Looking at his watch he became hesitantly nervous, turning to look at Pliskin before finishing his sentence "NOW... Pliskin the rest of the PMC's will be here at any moment, today was the test to find out how close to completion the new weapon was."

Pliskin became frustrated, "You couldn't have told me this earlier!" though anger soon followed as Hawk's voice came over the intercom and could be heard out over the room's loud speakers. Hawk's voice was deep, he laughed mockingly at the two who were now trapped. "Welcome stranger... and you, traitor." referring to Pliskin, then onto Ernest, "I hope you two are the sporting type. HA HAHAHA." As the sadistic laugh ceased, so did the alarm.

"UH OH!" said Ernest. Pliskin felt even more discomfort after hearing the worried tone from his friend, "What now?" he replied not wanting to hear the answer.

Ernest let out a slight screech "He's activating the Gekko, it'll be functional in seconds." Pliskin turn and gripped the rails in front of him, looking over at Metal Gear, "I thought Tanner said it wasn't complete!"

"It's not, but it doesn't look incomplete either." Looking slightly to the right of Metal Gear, Pliskin saw a small corridor, "I see the exit, it's at the far left corner." Pliskin extended his right arm, pointing toward the staircase, "Ernest, make your way down those stairs and hurry; I'll be right behind you." Without delay, Ernest raced for the stairs, closely followed by Pliskin. As the two reached the second platform, Hawk released the lock and stepped through the door, followed by two other soldiers decked out in night BDU, armed with FN P90 assault rifles, five-seven side-arms, and Machetes. The soldier on Hawk's right was a man by the codename Rouge Mason, known for his superiority in hand-to-hand combat; and on Hawk's left was a woman, code named Noir Forger, highly skilled with any blade. Once again, Hawk mocked the two as they made their descent to the ground floor. The two soldiers either side of Hawk fanned out, one headed down the stairs and the other throwing herself over the railings, landing on a large container before reaching the ground, cutting off both Pliskin and Ernest. There was nowhere left to run, no way out. Hawk watched from above, demanding that the two raise their hands, and for each one to walk away from one another; one towards Mason by the stairs and the other towards Forger who stood in front of the Gekko. With his hands in the air, Pliskin cautiously stepped closer to Forger, only to stop a few feet from her. Metal Gear Gekko was now active, startling Forger as its loud awaking occurred directly behind her. The Gekko released a small grappling hook, grabbing Forger by her ankle, causing her to panic and leap forward, latching on to Pliskin as she was pulled back. The two were whipped up and Forger lost her grip, flinging Pliskin into a container, winding him as he fell to the ground several feet from the Gekko. Mason disregarded Pliskin and raced past him to help his endangered comrade. As Pliskin stood, so did the Gekko, "Ernest, RUN." Pliskin yelled, his voice broken as he caught his breath, only to receive a kick to his sternum from the Gekko that sent him scraping across the floor. The kick given by the Gekko was too much for it to handle, causing it to buckle under its own weight, sending it crashing back to the ground.