III. Straight Away

STRAIGHT AWAYᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

STRAIGHT AWAY
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

ʙʀᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ʙʏ
ᴡɪғɪ @ᴋɪᴡɪғɪʀᴜɪᴛ.

ʙʀᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ʙʏᴡɪғɪ @ᴋɪᴡɪғɪʀᴜɪᴛ

POV Elsa

Anna and I were waiting in the lobby of the office building now, with our stomachs full and satisfied. The walls of the lobby was decorated with wooden-textured wallpaper and many wooden objects were used to fit in the theme of the place, which gave me a feeling that I was in a warm treehouse.

More and more people began to arrive as I looked around. Some were chatting on their way to the lobby, while some were using their phones, ignoring their surroundings. At that moment I was pretty gratified by the fact that Anna didn't tale her laptop to the campsite. She could have missed out all the amazing things this summer.

I was standing next to a wooden pole at the corner of the place talking to Anna when a person with a familiar face walked past. Heat suddenly shot past my neck and crawled onto my face. A feeling churned my stomach as his voice flowed into my ear.

"Damn it," I said to myself between the pause of Anna's babbling.

Anna heard me. "What's wrong?"

"W-what?"

"Your cheeks," she pointed at my face and leaned closer, "They're so red."

"Really?" I panicked before I moved my hands to both of my cheeks and touched them slowly. She kept staring at me, seeking for a clear explanation.

"I'm hot," I added, genuinely hoping that she'd give up on the real answer. And then she bursted out laughing. "Yea you are. Pretty damn hot right?"

"Ok stop Anna," I giggled along.

"Hello everyone. Please pay attention to the announcement," came the announcement from all the loudspeakers in the lobby, "Please take the stairs and proceed to the hall on the second floor of this building now. Thank you for your cooperation."