Chapter 19

{Edited}

"These, my friend, are my creatures."

~~~

What I saw, I couldn't believe my eyes. On the inside, Newt's case was expanded to about the size of a small/medium parking garage. It had multiple different habitats to fit the needs of the many different creatures that he had.

As I stepped into the habitats, it all magnified to life size and his office depleted behind me. I could see that Jacob was as amazed as I was, given he was a muggle and has never seen these things before. I looked to my right and saw Newt standing in a habitat that resembled an Arizona desert. Newt was talking to a magnificent Thunderbird and I walked up in time to hear what he was saying.

"Thankfully you didn't get out. If you did, that would've been quite catastrophic." He turned around and faced me. "He's actually the reason why I came here, you see," he said, smiling cheekily. "I really just wanted to bring Frank home. Do you want to meet him? He's a bit sensitive to strangers but I think he'll be fine if you go slowly."

"Yeah of course," I said, smiling while walking slowly towards Frank, holding my hand out and calling to him with my mind. He seemed to welcome me so I put my hand on his nose and, seeing Newt looking shocked in my peripheral vision, I smirked slightly at him.

"Wow. He's never been that welcome to strangers ever," he said.

"Interesting," I mused, smiling to myself. "Where did you find him anyways?"

"He was trackified. I found him in Egypt and he was all chained up. Of course I couldn't leave him there all alone, so I brought him with me, in hopes to soon return him back to the wilds of Arizona, where he belongs," Newt explained, hope in his eyes at the thought of finally freeing Frank. He grinned at me and threw some grubs into the sky, Frank soaring majestically after them.

He grabbed the bucket of chopped meat that Jacob had been tentatively holding and gave a mighty animal-like roar, grabbing my hand and running off in the direction of another area of the case. I giggled at his childlike actions as he pulled me along.

I soon found myself standing next to Newt on a moonlit trail, Jacob hurrying to catch up to us, panting.

"Ah here they come," Newt said, smiling.

"Who?" Jacob and I asked in unison.

"The graphorns." As if on cue a large creature that resembled a saber-tooth tiger but with slimy tentacles hanging off its face came charging up to us. I wasn't fazed but Jacob let out a high-pitched scream and tried to back off. I giggled at his girly scream and Newt grabbed his arm and pulled him back.

"Hello," I said boldly, reaching my arm for it to wrap its tentacles around.

"Wow you're really good with these creatures Jade," Newt said, smiling down at me.

"I suppose," I shrugged. "Anyways aren't graphorns on the brink of extinction" I asked.

"Yeah sadly they are. These here are the last breeding pair in existence," Newt said whilst grabbing a hunk of meat and tossing it inside the graphorn enclosure. They all ran away from where they were standing around me and crowded around the meat. Newt threw a couple more pieces into the enclosure before leading us off into another habitat.

We entered some bamboo forest and Newt went first, weaving and ducking under and around the trees.

"Titus? Finn? Poppy, Marlow, Tom?" I realized he must be calling to some bowtruckles, as they're the only creatures I know of that live in bamboo woods.

As Newt was calling, he brought out a bowtruckle of his own, reminding me of my own bowtruckle, Sydney. He saw me looking at it so he said, "Pickett was sick. He needed a bit of warmth." I mentally 'awed' at that.

We arrived at this one tree where a clan of bowtruckles came scurrying out of the leaves. Newt stuck his arm out with Pickett on it, as if trying to persuade him to join the others. When he refused, Newt explained to us that he had slight attachment issues. I could sense some fear from Pickett, and Newt eventually gave up trying and put Pickett back on his shoulder.

"This is why the others accuse of favoritism," he said to Pickett, shaking his head.

To be continued...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, sorry I had to cut this a bit short. It was running a bit long for my liking for my normal chapters so I decided to split in half. Anyways thanks for reading this chapter! A lovely reader by the name of prongs_deer requested I update this sooner, so I am :) Remember to vote and comment suggestions, because I love reading all your lovely comments, and don't forget to add this story to your reading lists so you won't ever lose this story! Also I'm thinking of publishing a new story in the upcoming 2 months maybe, so keep an eye out for that! ~G