9. Amelia

Recommend Song:Little Black Dress by One Direction

Amelia's POV-

I have been sitting at home, actually doing homework, and not talking to my friends.

Only one thing for sure could cure this unfamiliar behavior:

One Direction

Many CD's later, along with the high school memories that should've been forgotten, I quickly realized the intense need for human interaction.

But who wants to talk to me? I lost all of my Snapchat streaks, an obvious way of saying, "I am not talking to anyone.", or "There are things I have to do better than Snapping you."

Through all of my depressing thoughts, I fortunately get a call from someone who can definitely cheer me up.

"August, hellohellohello!!"

"I'm picking you up in 10 minutes. Get dressed quick because I know you've been in grey sweatpants and a Snuggie for longer than you need to be in them! We've gotta run some errands."

"Ok, what should I be dressing for?"

"Like I said, errands.'

She's snappier than usual. Geez.

"Ok.....bye!!!"

A 3 minute shower later, I quickly applied some Better Than Sex mascara, brushed my teeth, and chose something to wear.

Hmmm, grey crop top or grey t-shirt?

OMG!

Casual grey v-neck with a maroon skirt! Perfect!

"Knock, knock, knock! We've gotta go!!"

I opened the door to Anthropologie-clad August, who, no offense, looked really tired.

"August, did ya get any sleep last night?"

"Um, no. I went out."

August's POV

While I was standing in the doorway being low-key interrogated by Amelia, all I could think about is if smoking pot can affect someone who's pregnant?

I should probably know this as a soon-to-be medical student, but I don't. Oh well.

As we got into my car, I was stable enough in my thoughts to have a serious conversation with Amelia.

"So, you and Alice?"

"What?"

"She told me what happened. You don't have to explain, but I kinda wanna know how you're feeling."

She put her knees up into her arms.

"I'm confused, August. I need help with my relationship status."

"Amelia, you wanna know a secret?"

She looked at me slowly nodding her head.

"Personally, I haven't truly gotten over Patrick. And I thought, "I'm never going to get over him, I'm going to be alone for forever." And I'm not, because a fuck buddy can become close, and that just screws shit up, and--, and that's ok. Because I can still love Patrick. I know you love or you loved Rachel, but you're aloud to move on, get over her, be done. Amelia also seems to be into you. So go get some, girl!"

She leaned into the window, laughing.

"August, she seemed into me?"

"Yeah, she blushes."

Amelia blushed, covering her eyes.

"So, fuck buddy?"

I quickly looked at the road, immediately heading into the Planned Parenthood parking lot.

"August, what the fuck are we doing?"

"Well, that's what you're here for."

"August, wha-"

Amelia's POV

I looked at her in extreme bafflement.

"You're pregnant?!!??"

August put her head on the steering wheel, obviously ashamed.

"When did you find out?"

"A day or two ago."

"August, you haven't talked to whoever the father is and you haven't given this any thought."

She leaned back, took a breath, and looked at me with her eyebrows raised.

"What should I do?"

"Who's the father, August?"

"J."

What. The. Fuck.

I didn't know they were fucking, I always thought J and Carson had something going.

#jarson4lyfe

"I'm pretty sure it's him, though."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, there was this guy a couple of months ago, kinda before J."

"You get around, my friend. What was his name?"

"Um, Harrison or something. He's cute, I have a picture. We've kept a streak, actually."

She pulled a picture of the most beautiful boy I have ever seen, besides Niall Horan.

"He's hot, you definitely hit the gold mine my friend. He's mixed and has blue eyes!Think about how gorgeous that baby could possibly be! With your red hair! Wh-"

"Pfff!"

August's phone buzzed, as she grabbed her phone from her car cup holder, I saw the text was from Alice.

The text inviting her to go out with Macy.

"I didn't get that text from Alice."

"You might get it in a sec. OOO, I'm gonna invite Ivy!!"

And not invite me?

"Let's get away from here, since you're knocked up I'll buy you some lunch."

"Aw pity food! Thanks babe!"

When I became friends with August, I thought her family was loaded, with all of her Anthropologie and shit, but she's at UCLA full-ride, and pays for all of her shit with money she gets from who knows where. Can't judge a book by it's cover.

"August, where do you get your money!" My parents are trying to cut me off a bit, and I need some cash."

"Well, do you want the truth or the lie I should tell you?"

"Truth, duh."

"Well, Patrick kinda got me into drug dealing, nothing super serious. And, well, some rich white men just can't keep it in their pants."

"AUGUST!! This kid could be one of theirs! Think about how much mon-"

"Please Alice, they're all married, they use condoms like it's going out of style, and I just blow 'em most of the time. The last thing they wanna do is get me pregnant."

"Jesus, you live a double life!"

"Eh, only at night."

August, you gotta love her.

"August, talk to Amelia for me tonight. And also talk to J and Harrison, for me, please?"

"Ugh, fine. Whatever you wish, Princess Amelia."

I'm secretly a princess, don't tell anyone.