// chapter four

"I saw Lee Taeyong" I whispered.

Mark unknowingly choked in his food as he chugged the soju while patting his chest. "Mwo?" He said after clearing his mouth and throat.

"Are you sure about that?" He asked once more, with eyes wide open.

"Yes--or maybe I was just hallucinating. He can't be alive. He's dead." I replied, wrinkling my forehead. "exactly! He can't be alive. Or else it was his ghost! Mark exclaimed while excitedly skipping in his seat.

"Stop that nonsense Mark. Could a ghost even hurt me physically? No. They can't touch the people in this dimension but if they do, they can only do it indirectly." I exclaimed as I stabbed the fork onto the meat.

Deep inside me was actually hoping for a miracle; that what I saw was real. It's been six years since the last time I've seen him. And it felt as though it was just yesterday.

I was speechless and my mind was completely empty. I absentmindedly stuck the fork in my mouth as I felt the meat's flavors melting in the inside.

"Noona!" Mark snapped his fingers in front of me and his lips twitched, flashing a lopsided grin. "Are we finished?" He asked as he cleans our plate, stacking them into one pile. I nodded my head lightly with a bemused expression.

When both of us had exited the area with a full stomach, Mark had felt a little anxious. "Noona, is there a place here I can like, take pictures of?" He said, tucking his hands into the pockets of his jacket.

"There is one place." I answered, looking down with lazy shoulders. "Namsan," I added as we unlock our bikes from its chain.

--

"Are those locks?! Like the ones on Paris?" He exclaimed, pumped up while pointing at the tower above us. "Did bring your polaroid cam?" I asked as we entered the place.

"I did." Mark answered. He flamboyantly floundered his way to the elevator as he pulled me with him. As much as I want to fill myself with positive energy, my body just refuses to do so.

Finally, when we had reached the top most of the building where we can see the whole city view, Mark was left awe struck as we walked near the fences that had promise locks with names. We then both leaned against with our arms rested on top and unconsciously chuckled while doing so. Both of us looked down at the busy roads below that somehow amused us.

I felt mark shift closer to me and noticed him swallow the lump in his throat. He coughed for a second and said "I've never seen something so beautiful", looking directly at me. Returning his glare, I rested my elbow on top of the fence, holding one of my cheeks with my hand and answered him with a smirk. "I know I am beautiful," flipping my hair to the other side.

He giggled at my retort and averted his eye back to the city view and said "you really think you saw him?" With a pint of disbelief in his tone.

"I don't know at all, let's just forget about it. Probably just missed him"

"well you should. You should never hold on to the past or else you'll forever be stuck there," Mark replied, fondling his clammy fingers.

"But what if it really was him?" I continued. "Aish. Noona, If it really was him, he should look like a zombie" he joked, plafully hitting my shoulder.

"Aren't you supposed to take pictures?"

Mark then took out his camera from the inner pockets of his jacket and gestured me to pose. "Noona, try not to fake smile this time" he demanded, taking a few steps back as he drew the camera near his eye.

"How do you even do that?" I asked, making a peace sign with both of my hands. I flashed him a very wide and forced smile that showed my entire teeth and realized he was sighing bitterly.

"Not this again-- aish never mind" he then counted from three to one , and clicked the button to take the shot. the flash had penetrated on my face which kind of made me flinch lightly. The film directly was developed afterwards.

mark pulled it right away the moment it had came out and fanned it so the image will appear. He then brought the photo near his face, squinting his eyes. "You're still ugly even on photos"

I rolled my eyes drastically as he handed me the camera. "Noona, watch and learn. This is how you pose and look good both in person and in photos" mark then posed as if he was one of those teenage fashion bloggers with very complex clothes on you see in the internet.

He didn't even look at the camera! What's with children nowadays, oh wait, he's no longer a child.

Once i've done taking his photo, he then ran towards me and took it out effortlessly. "Oh my god. I'm so good looking,"

"Wow. Just wow," i sarcastically said while slow clapping, shaking my head. "Am I not?" He said, shrugging his shoulder.

The cold wind had passed against us and I felt my hair flowing along. I tried to hold it together with my hands and forgot about the scarf hung on my neck. It then flew with the wind, chasing it as it had traveled farther.

I crouched my way to pick it up and finally snatched it with a sense of achievement in my expression.

When I stood up, I saw a familiar figure infront me. It was just his back but it somehow gave me goosebumps. I scrutinized him clearly as I absentmindedly sauntered towards him. He was laughing yet his voice was barely audible. He even looked thrilled with a woman based on his movements.

I was so immersed and curious Finding out who it really was that I didn't notice the clacking sounds of my heels.

He then switched his head to his left but his eye was looking to where the thudding sounds came from and that is when I finally recognized him.

My entire body was starting to weaken again. I couldn't stand properly at all.

"Tae..." I crooned as he returned looking at the woman beside him.

"Noona!" Mark tugged me in my wrist, paused for a while and dragged me to the telescopes on the other side of the area. Instead of looking forward, my eyes glued to the guy who's getting farther and farther and slowly turning blur as my heart softened after six damn years.

--

HI CHINGUUUSSS

I won't be updating for a couple of days since I have this school trip and We aren't allowed to use our gadgets so yah. I'll just leave you all with this chapter and I hope you enjoyed it.