// chapter twenty-two

“Sorry Hana but you’ve got nowhere to go but here.” Joseph said.

“Your Lee Taeyong is no longer here for you. Don’t you get it? You were just nothing to him. You were just a mere temporary happiness to him. We never know. He was just faking his death so he could get away from you. There are a lot of possibilities Song Hana and you’re too busy and blind to look at it. Isn’t the pain enough for you to not trust him? Are you really that willing to risk everything just to be with him again?” he added.

“Hana, if you’ll come back to me, then I’ll give you more than you deserve, more than he could ever give to you.”

“I’m now ready to make you happier than him. I’m now here to love you again”

“You’re lying” I said in a hollow voice, taking tiny steps backward from Joseph. “You don’t love me at all. Cause if you do, you wouldn’t have cheated on me in the first place. You wouldn’t have gone to LA to be with your hoes. And you wouldn’t have lied to me that you love me”
“Hana. I’m not lying. I swear i am not. Everything I am saying is true. It all came from him. I simply delivered it to you so you would know” Joseph held my cheeks with both of his hand and stared at me awkwardly.

“I was even surprised that he was even the one who was willing to trade you for money. I thought I’d have to pay him double but yeah.” I blink briny tears from both of my eyes and felt dizzy. My body wanted to collapse and fall to the ground but I shouldn’t. I forced myself to be strong this time.

Taeyong’s voce unknowingly echoed in my head, saying my name. His smile, his eyes, his fingers, appeared out of the blue which made me shatter even more. And I thought I was going to be ready this time. I felt flames flaring through my veins however something in me was trying to convince me that he had another reason why he did it. After all, everything he said to me was true, but then again…. It might be too good to be true….Maybe that’s why I was blinded;  why I loved it so much because it was all a lie and we all know how lies can make ourselves better; how lies are much better than the truth. It hurt me so bad therefore it might be true that he didn’t love me at all. It might be true that I was played for a fool.

I couldn’t believe what I just heard. I mean, I shouldn’t believe it but if I do, am I questioning and doubting his love?

“The light shows are going to start soon.” added Joseph, patting my back gently with his hand. “We don’t want to miss it do we?”

“Shiro!” I shouted, pushing him away from me. After i had successfully got rid of Joseph, the only thing I could think of was go to where mark, aunt sue and jisung went, which is somewhere I don’t have any idea of. I kept on running and running until I lose sight of him.

Aside from desiring to fly out of this universe and get away from all the peril mortals in this dimension, I badly want a hug and a friend right now. I want to pour everything out.

My feet were weakening and I felt like collapsing but then I again, I shouldn’t because i have to be stronger. But no matter how much I blind myself that i am fine, the reality would always kick in and remind me how vulnerable I am.

Constantly looking back, checking if Joseph was chasing me. I was more than scared at that moment. Everything was out of focus and everyone barely looked normal to my eyes. I just want to cry until all the tears reach to their limits and dry.