// chapter thirty-one

Taeyong's POV

299th day  and she's going to be back; 2 hours from now and she'll be back, Kingkong will be here again.

2 hours is nothing compared to the measured and counted time I've waited for Hana however it feels like forever. I've been waiting for a while now but i've never felt time move so slower. I just want to badly push time and make it speed up so I can already see, hug and kiss her with till my heart's contented.

Truthfully my butt hurts because I've been gluing my bottom on the same monoblock chair from waiting for her here at the airport. I didn't expect myself to excessively sweat under my gray hoodie and dark blue denim jacket in an undeniably low-temperatured time of the year.

3 layers of thick fabric and I feel like stripping-- when will she ever arrive? Groaning in frustration, I paced from one side of the waiting area to the other, earnestly holding the signage I made for hana. It's not done with 100% effor but I spent almost 2 dollars for making it so it still had value. *pats myself* don't blame me. She appreciates little things unlike others who would actually cringe over cheap and handmade things from people. Believe me.

I actually remembered one time when...

Cheska....

She disliked the shoes I bought from the streets as my reward for her for winning in-- what am I even babbling about.

Right now, my tongue appears to be a little dry and my lips are cracking so I decided to buy myself a drink, after all, there's still time.

Rushing towards the vending machine, I scuffled in my sneakers, fumbled deeply through the pocket of my pants and took out some coins to drop into the machine.

Lemonade?

After I had dropped a coin, I stuck out my tongue for no particular reason at all. I was about to press the little button but a hand behind me reached in and poked it himself. Taken a back, i spun to his direction and was about to karate chop him but I was more than surprised to encounter that face in a very long time.

"Oraenmaniya. Taeyong" she whispered as the can of lemonade landed on the exit hole of the machine.

"C-cheska?"

I just thought of her a while ago and here she is. The devil is before me in an instant. Why can't Hana appear this fast? I've been thinking of her my whole life yet she takes too much time to show herself! What the heck is wrong in the world?!

"Waaah. Jinjja. You look different now-- did you dye back your hair to brown?" Cheska crooned, running her hands all over my shoulder. I instinctively shrugged which made her hand accidentally fall back.

"I'm sorry for bumping into you like this, again" she added, brushing her hair behind her ear, feigning a tight smile. "Ne," i hesitantly answered, turning to my heels. "Chamkaman--" chesca tightly tugged my elbow and eyed me with watery eyes. "I--"

"UGLY ASS DUCKLIIIIIINGGGGGG!!!!!!" That piercing voice magnified through my ears which slightly startled me. butterflies then start to rumble in my stomach once I realized who it was. I rotated to where that voice came from.

From a distance, I saw Hana with her luggages, wearing sweatpants and a hoodie. She flamboyantly waved her hands in the air while removing her hair tie. "YAAAA! COME HERE AND HELP ME DICKHEAD!" She shouted from a  far as the attention of pass byers were darted to her since they were scandalized by her language. They eyed her from head to toe especially Cheska who was silently uttering profanities behind me.

My heart fluttered when I saw her smile to be honest and I don't understand, even until now, why she always make my heart go like this whenever I see her.

I hurriedly ran towards her with warms open wide as I noticed cheska walking away as if she wasn't there in the first place.

As i was about a meter away from her, she recklessly threw her bags away and welcomed me with a tight embrace, tight enough to squeeze my innards but even if she'd break my body, it'll still be worth it.

"Oh fuck i miss smelling your neck," she croaked, running her frigid fingers through my hair as my hoodie effortlessly slid back.

"Let's eat?" I cheerfully said, picking up her luggages from the floor as she wrapped her arm around my waist. "Bulgogi!!!!" She exclaimed, skipping childishly beside me.

"Ya. Gumanhe. Your bags are heavy so stop moving too much." I abruptly yet lightly ruffled her hair  which made her face wrinkle. "Don't you miss me?" She asked, pouting her lips. "Aniyo," I teased.

"I'll only stay less than a year," she added, sounding a little too distressed. "Ya, it's fine. That's all the time I need to be with you." I answered confidently as we both exited the airport.