// chapter nine

"Hana?"

"Hana wake up girl."

"'Noona!"

Voices in my head begin to magnify as my head felt like exploding. I woke up with a scrunched and smuged bare face, barely recognized where the hell I am right now.

"Where am I?" I said, wrinkling my forehead.

"You're at my apartment dummy. You passed out last night. Thank God Mark Had found you recklessly lying on the floor with puke all over your face!" Shouted seulgi, helping me get up.

"R-really?" I stammered, pursing my lips in embarrassment. "Was i really that drunk?" i added.

"Yah! You--" mark stormed towards me, pinching my ear, twisting it until I groaned in pain. "Haji-hajima!" I flinched as I felt my ear warming up.

"Look who's being irresponsible! If I hadn't found you puking yourself to death last night, you could've gotten raped!" Mark once again shouted this time folding his ams across his chest tightly, pacing around the room.

"Where's Jennie? Sorn? Jisoo?" I asked seulgi who was preparing a wet cold towel and a bowl of iced water. she squeezed the towel tight to extract the water and lightly placed it on my forehead. "They left last night. Jennie and her boyfriend had a little love quarrel. Jisoo had to be dragged in with their problem and sorn was fetched by her parents." She explained as she ran the towel all over my neck.

"Thanks seul--" i said, holding seulgi's wrist, sincerely smiling. "It's nothing."she replied.

"Ah noona, someone actually approached me last night and asked if you were fine." Mark started, bringing hot coffee for seulgi and I.

Thrilled and surprised, I attentively listened to mark and said "jinjjayo? Who is it?"

"He said he was the guy whom you met back at the rave, when you lost your balls" he answered, giggling.

"Taeyong" I said through thin air, barely audible for Mark and Seulgi. A smile escaped at the corner of my lip as I begin to assume once again.

I knew he was--

"He said his name was Jaehyun."

And just like that, my heart shattered. That little hope that I've been holding on to was slowly slipping away through my fingers as if it was really destined to be lost in just one blink.

"It wasn't Taeyong?" I said, shaking my head in disbelief.

Seulgi snapped her focus at me and her eyes widened momentarily. "Taeyong? Lee Taeyong?" She said, stuttering.

"You know...him?" She added, pursing her lips into a thin line.

Mark and I remained silent as he was slowly processing Seulgi and I's awkward eye contact.

"Why do you know him?" She asked once again.

"He was once mine," i said with a melancholy and monotonous voice.

"Noona! Not this again! I thought we've made a deal about talking about your dead ass ex boyfriend! You promised you wouldn't talk about him even if others would ask you!" Scoffed mark, playfully poking my head with his finger, making me bluntly nudge in the couch.

Seulgi's eyes were glued onto the ground as I noticed her getting lost in the moment.

"Seulgi... Is everything okay?" I asked, placing my hand on top of her hand. She snapped back to reality with a smile painted in her face and said "of course!" She then continued wiping the towel all over my body.

"But mark. I know i was very drunk last night but I was also very sure of what I saw." I continued, pouting my lips while looking at mark.

"What is it again?" Mark said in disdain.

"Taeyong was the one helped me last night mark. I swear. He even insulted my sweaty armpit." I spat.

"Again--"

"Mark, believe me please. I was certain it was him last night. Even though I don't need to see his ve clearly, my heart and guts say so that it was Lee Fucking Taeyong who was with me last night. From his touch to his voice, I know it was him" i insisted as my eyes begin to pool with tears.

"Noona, you've gone Mad. Lee Taeyong is dead. Get it? D E A D. dead. He's been dead for 6 years. You can't expect him to suddenly pop out in seoul just because your here. Just accept the fact noona that he's not coming back. If ever you really saw him, it could be his dopple ganger or just someone who really looks like him." Mark scornfully said as the veins in neck showed up while shouting at me.

Blinking my eyes, crystal beads rolled down my cheeks and onto the bed as i bit my lips to stop from even shedding another one.

"Oh my god. I didn't mean to" mark eagerly brushed my hair with his fingers as seulgi from the kicthen was eavesdropping to our conversation.

"Noona. I'm sorry but you have to move on okay? It's been six years and you should be able to forget him. He's a nobody now. You've done enough for him now, focus on your own happiness like how you're supposed to." He added, flashing a reassuring smile.

Seulgi sedately set the table across the room and called us out to have breakfast.

We awkwardly sat as I sniffed, still unable to think clearly.

"Sorry noona." Mark said, holding my hand.

--

Shit is getting real. Ya'll better watch out bc it's gonna get realer.