Prologue

“I won’t let anyone hurt you. Okay? You understand that?” I closed my eyes as I listened to our steady, heavy breathing.

“Lucy, you need to look at me” I tilted my chin up to see his eyes, eyes that captivated me since the very first time I met him.

"You are my life now. I want to hear your voice, and look at your eyes.. I'll protect you no matter what it takes.. I'll do anything for you" Harry said, my cheeks in his hands, breathing ever so heavy, eyes almost watery.

A cough interrupted us and tear us apart from our gaze. We darted our eyes to Louis, who's leaning on the door frame, hands in his pockets.

"He needs you." Louis directed, making Harry nod. He then turned back to me, kissed me softly and walked out, giving his mate a small smile, leaving me and Louis alone.

Louis removed his hand from his pockets and crossed his arms .

"There are people out there that wants him dead. He's dangerous. Beyond that, his life is already. The day he was born; the very day, he was the son of Mr. Styles, he was already dead. He's a walking dead man.  He's too much for you" he said looking through my cold eyes, while his was full of worry as he walked to me. I looked away.

He was Harry's friend after all. That made him protective over me. Harry sure can influence people, damn that curly- headed man.

"I can handle him."  I answered back, my voice still.

"You're too much of yourself." Louis stated as we were both standing here, with the never leaving tension in the air

"I'm not really sure of myself." I nervously chuckled then paused. Louis only arched is eyebrow as if saying that he wants me to say more. I shooked my head and tried to compose something that could make him understand. Though, I doubt that he would.

I looked up, focused my eyes on anything that it landed, except for Louis. I took a sharp breath before I answer. "It's just a front" Louis sighed, looked down his feet, then back up to me.

"What had he done to you?" he asked, his gaze not leaving mine.

I pondered for an answer to his undeniably intriguing question. Thoughts and memories of us together clouded my mind. The things he did and the way he hurt me and yet, care for me like no other passed throught my eyes. He was so much more of what I thought he was. So much more of what I could ever imagine. So much more of what I could comprehend. Everything was blurry but I only had one answer that I had in mind.

I then inhaled deeply and looked him in the eyes with my cold ones.

"He made me feel alive."