Italian teacher and the new Guy

ITALIAN TEACHER THE NEW GUY

Monday

I opened my eyes to the sound of my annoying alarm clock. Monday. Monday.

Monday. I move to the side of my bedside table where my clock was and it was already 6:45 am. I lazily got out of my very comfortable bed to head to the bathroom. Once I did, I brushed my teeth and stepped into the shower waiting for the water to heat up.

I start to sing quietly to one of Lana del Ray’s songs

Will you still love me when I’m no longer young and beautiful? As the water started to heat up, I put some shampoo to wash my brown hair, with some raspberry smelling conditioner

Will you still love my when I got nothing but my aching soul? I know you will, I know you will, I know that you will.

Will you still love me, when I’m no longer beautiful?

I then hummed as I cleansed myself with a body wash -that smelled exactly like sweet vanilla. I love that smell.

After I was done taking a bath, I then brushed my hair as it slightly curled. I apply some make up and picked up my outfit. I chose a big sweater to hide my scratched-looking arm. Soon as I was finished, I head downstairs to see my parents eating a drive-thru food for breakfast. Oh well.

“Oh hey Lucy darling come here and let’s eat” my mom smiled at me as she pulled out a chair. I slowly walked from my place where I stood to the middle part of the black and white wooden, modern, kitchen and sat myself with one of the seats across the counter. I was indeed seated beside my mom who’s eating happily with her spaghetti. On the table was full of food and just beside my mom, was my dad, phone in his hands, texting away. 

“How was your night?” my mom took a quick glance at me, her focus still on the unfinished food she was eating.

“It was okay.” I shrug standing up, walking towards the fridge and rummaged for a drink. It bothered me what happened last night it was kind of terrifying if you ask me. I didn’t want to tell my mom, she had so many things to worry about. I shouldn’t include myself in her ‘to-worry list’

“Okay?” she asks. “Whatever, so who was your friend?’’ I hear my mom say as I was searching for the milk. Aha! Found it.

“Did you had fun together?” my mom continued as I grabbed the milk and took a glass from a cabinet placing both on the counter and shrugged.

“I guess?” I stated coming out as a question and poured the milk to my glass. My mom, in return just rolled her eyes knowing that she wouldn’t get any information from me. She then turned her attention back to her food.

Instantly, my mom changed the subject. “You know honey, we, your dad and I was thinking that we could give you a ride today” my mom suggested and I stifle my silent laugh.

My mom looked at me, her smile growing wider. “What? Don’t you want to spend some time with me?” my mom, Beth, played with her eyebrows making it look like the pair of eyebrows were dancing; trying to copy ‘the girl with amazing talent’ on youtube. I laughed at my mom’s silliness. She’s so childish sometimes.

I then pulled off a serious face and answered a “No” in a monotone as I watched her expression intently.  She had a frown firstly, then a serious face and suddenly she bursts out laughing as Beth realizes it was all a joke.