Chapter Eight

I faintly doodled little mini hearts around a giant heart labeled "D+L" on the corner of my notebook. I wrote in cursive, our ship name : Lerrick.

This is most likely the reason I am getting the worst grade in class right now. I mean I have the smarts, but my focus is way off.

Especially since Derrick is sitting next to me, my grade has dropped lower than ever.

I felt papers whacking at my forehead.

I shoo them away, thinking it was a fly.

Then one, WHACK, hit my head even harder.

"Ow!" I whip my head up to whatever it was coming from, glaring.

The kid in front of me throws the papers onto my desk. "Take one, pass it down. One for each pair of partners." He grumbled.

I did what he said and continued to draw all over my notebook.

Then I felt something else.

Flick.

"Ow! What the hell?!" I shouted, turning my head to Derrick and using my arm to cover the doodles.

"We gotta work on the assignment together. Mr. Ortega said." He peered over at me. "What are you covering over there?"

"Nothing. Let's just work," I waved off.

"Come on, you're hiding something. Let me see," he said, trying to move my arm.

"Hey! Cut it out!" I demanded, struggling to move his hand away from pulling my arm.

We kept pulling at each other's arms. Me trying to keep him from seeing the embarassing drawings. Him trying to see the mystery of what's underneath my arm.

Then, he gripped my forearm. "Show me!"

"No! It isn't important!" I gritted my teeth, struggling against the strong grip he had on me.

He started to push my arm towards him, which caused the notebook to slide along, still underneath my arm.

Suddenly, he pulled it away quickly as if he was doing the old "tablecloth" magic trick, the notebook finally in his possession.

I shouted a indistinct noise and reached for it, slamming it onto his desk and covering it.

My body was now in a position where half of my ass wasn't even on my chair. My legs, one under Derrick's desk and one under mine, as if I was doing the splits. My arms stretched out towards the notebook, hiding the drawings once again.

I was glaring at him at this point.

"If it isn't important then why are you trying sooo hard not to let me see what is there? Hm?" He mocked.

"I will prove to you it isn't important!" I was still glaring at him as I reached for my eraser and erased everything.

"See?!" I shoved the notebook in his face.

"I can see it. It was in pen. You dumbass," he said in a dull tone and with no emotion on his face.

"What?!" My eyes opened wide and I flipped over the notebook to me.

I peered at him and chuckled nervously. "Silly me!"

"What's the D plus L on there?"

"Oh pfft, it's nothing," I mumbled, avoiding eye contact.

"And..Lerrick?" He asked, reading from the doodles.

"Oh my god! Why am I still showing it to you?!" I shouted at myself, shoving the notebook into my backpack.

"Wait. It isn't..what I think it is. Is it?" He said awkwardly.

"No! It's isn't! It's. Um. This. Netflix. Series. And. I ship the main characters?" I said, trying to think of a good reason.

"Oh. What show?"

"Um. The. Cooolliioo. Shooww??" I answered slowly, slurring the words as I thought of a name last minute.

"The Coolio Show?"

"Yeah! Um. It stars..Dddanielll Radcliffe anddd Llllady Gagaaa.."

"Oh. Cool. But what about the Lerrick thing?"

The bell rang. Oh my gooshness. Saved by the bell.

"Gotta go!" I said quickly, running out of the classroom, dropping a couple of papers on the way out.
-
-
-
         A U T H O R ' S  N O T E

This was a pretty short chapter, sorry guys! I just thought this could be something that could help build up future chapters. Again, leave any suggestions in the comments on how I can improve on the story in the near future!