Chapter One: The Idol Of My Dreams (Yoonhee POV)

~ ~ ~

(Dream)

"Seunggi oppa! Seunggi oppa!" I shouted

He just sang his melodious ballad song beautifully, captivating the audience around him. Around me, people were shedding tears as they were gradually touched by his voice and lyricals.

I was one of those. My eyes were just staring dreamily at his innocent face. Omo, his voice was so sweet. I could just fall asleep peacefully here and get trampled on, and I won't care because I'm listening to him.

Out of the blue, Seunggi oppa suddenly outstretched his hand...and was staring at me from the stage!

(Dream End)

"Yoonhee ssi...Yoonhee ssi...." someone was shaking me.

"Seunggi..." I muttered.

"Im Yoon Hee! Get up or we're going to be late for school!" said the voice.

"Yah! Don't interrupt my dream of Seunggi oppa!" I snapped rather rudely. Who dared disturb me...

I then realised who was trying to wake me up. Immediately, I regretted my actions.

"Oh...it's you, Yerim ah..." I answered sheepily.

Kim Yerim was my best friend from school. Every morning she would come and we would walk to school together. She stayed nearby, so she insisted to keep me company each morning to school and evening after school.

Oh, wait. I should introduce myself. My name is Im Yoon Hee. I'm currently 18, thus it would be my final year at school.

I have good and bad things about myself. The good: I'm a proud fan of the ballad singer, Lee Seung Gi. Ever since I began high school, I was deeply attached to his music. I would go all fangirl over his songs each time they sounded through the radio. I mean, oppa was just so talented indeed! Some people may think that I'm a sasaeng fan, but really I'm not. I see myself as just his committed fan, and that's all.

The bad: I'm actually an orphan. Yes, it would be hard for one to believe that. I actually don't remember if I have any parents. I was apparently left abandoned in front of the orphanage that was now my home for the last 16 years or so. I get upset each time I see or listen to my friends talk about their ommas and appas, to the extent I sometimes lose control over their comments. I never knew the kind of love I get from parents, because I never met them...

Everyday, I ask myself how I was orphaned like this. Did my parents die in a car crash? Could it be they could not support me when I was young? Or did they really not want me at all? I never knew...

Yerim knew about my situation, and pitied and understood my emotions. Since last year, we have become really close chinggus. Sure, she hung out with her own clique, but she never forgot me each time.

Anyways, after getting out of dreamland thanks to Yerim, I got myself ready for school and shortly afterwards, we left home.

"Yoonhee, were you fanatasizing a meeting with your idol again?" Yerim asked me.

Yerim also knew that Seunggi oppa was my ideal type. Isn't he just the daebak idol of the century?

"Ne. I was," I answered rather plainly

In no time, we arrived at school. It has been a month since school reopened. There were some new faces in the school too. But if I am honest, I hardly knew anyone of them.

(~After morning lessons ended~)

Yerim and I met at break time. I felt upset that she has not been in the same classes as me all the time.

We were really hungry after another morning of boring lessons. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy school very much, but sometimes the teachers just make life so difficult for us...

I've sat with Yerim's group of chinggus ocassionally. They were a nice bunch of people; a mix of males and females who liked fussing about current affairs in and out of school. They also understood my situation (though not as well as Yerim). Sometimes, they'd make light-hearted jokes about them, but I had learnt to shake the anger and sadness off each time. Today was one of those ocassional times. It was also my first time seeing them this year.

"I met someone in math today," one of the girls, named Chae-rim, mentioned. "Apparently, he is a new student."

Everyone was interested almost immediately. Chae-rim said that he would join us shortly. When asked about what he looked like, she said that he was as tall as me, was not muscular, but had a rather idol-like appearance. He was also more fluent in English than Korean.

Still cannot replace my Seunggi oppa, I thought.

Just then, a boy fitting Chae-rim's description came to our table. To be honest, I had to agree with the fact that he looked like an idol.

"Annyeonghaseyo. Nae ileum eun Hwang Mi Yang," he greeted politely. "But you can call me Stefan."

We welcomed him warmly into the group. Yerim whispered to me shortly afterward, "He'll soon become really popular in the school."

As we talked on, we were soon drifting into Kpop idols. Everyone liked to mention everything related to their favourite idol from updates to backgrounds. Literally every idol we knew would be mentioned each time. Naturally, I just kept saying 'Seunggi is my favourite' or 'I want to meet Lee Seunggi!' whenever asked.

Stefan was particularly interested in our conversations too. When I asked him which idol he liked, he instantly replied, "SNSD's Yuri is my ideal type!"

"Eyy~" the others sighed. There was always that one person who liked someone from SNSD.

"Speaking of SNSD..." Chae-rim spoke. "You heard about Seunggi and Yoona?"

Huh? I looked puzzled. Recently, I haven't been keeping track on news about my idol. There was only one computer in the orphanage and it had low internet connectivity. Additionally, I had no time in school to check.

"Yoona and Seunggi have been revealed to be in a relationship!" Chae-rin told me. "Apparently since September last year!"

How...then did Yerim know about this too?

"Mianhae Yoonhee," she apologised. "I should have told you, but I didn't want you to get upset."

Sigh...I could not blame her. She's my best friend.

But with this news, it kind of made sense. I knew Seunggi said Yoona was his ideal type for the last few years. Understandable if they end up as a couple...

"Say Yoonhee ah, as I think about it, you do look a little like Yoona...really!" Yerim observed.

That's basically what the other teachers and the few students that I bumped into have said to me each time. I had looked at myself in the mirror and did see some resemblance to her. But I always shook it off because I'm an orphan. Also, the chances of me being a sister of Yoona are zero. I mean, she's an idol, I'm just a 'commoner' if I put it that way.

"Yerim, I don't look like her..." I tried to explain. She kept quiet about it immediately.

Soon, the others were talking about SNSD altogether. From the Yoona-Seunggi relationship (which they were making fun at me about again), they shifted to the Sooyoung and Jung Kyungho (which was also news to me). However, each time I glanced at Stefan, he was becoming a little tense. He did not speak much for a while. Why?

Then, Yerim said, "Did you hear about SNSD's Tiffany? Apparently, she has a brother!"

While that was again news to me, I thought I heard a small gasp from Stefan. That got me even more puzzled. What exactly was with him?

Jakkanman...I think I'd better speak to him later...

~ ~ ~

A/N: Yoonhee meets Stefan and finds about about Yoongi. How is this chapter? I'll try to update as frequently as possible.

If you haven't checked it out yet, read 'MY Sister In SNSD' to know more about Stefan!

Oh there was a reason why I posted this today: HAPPY 25TH BIRTHDAY SOOYOUNG! Because of that, early release!