Chapter Six: 3 Generations Of Im? (Yoonhee POV)

~ ~ ~

After I met Yoona's sister, Yoonhan, I was undoubtely surprised by my striking resemblance to even her. It's just...scary. I've grown up my whole life not knowing my family, and now it could be that I'm standing with them right now?

Anyways, I picked up that photo that slipped out of Yoonhan's pocket. I was really surprised to find my recently-taken orphanage profile photo there. What did Yoonhan unnie know?

Yoona walked up to me and picked up the dropped photo. She got a good look of it and then faced her sister.

"Han unnie..." Yoona faced her with innocent eyes. "Do you know something? That's Yoonhee's photo you had in your pocket all the while?"

"Yoona. I actually was here to tell you about this," Yoonhan admitted. "This, and more photos came through the mail just yesterday."

They did? How come the people at the orphanage did not tell me?

Yoonhan unnie then explained that she was at work when she got an evelope addressed to the Im family.  Apparently, they were all filled with my photos...odd. So, unsure of what to do, she came to visit Yoona today to ask for help.

"The orphanage normally don't send out such photos to others..." I told them. "Unless..."

"It's family members..." Yoonhan completed my sentence.

If that was the case...what did that mean? A scary, or perhaps emotional intuition was creeping up on me.

"Yoona unnie. Where are your parents today?" I asked her.

"They should still be in Seoul...why?" she asked.

"Normally the orphanage will send photos like these to the parents...so why does your sister have them?"

"Ah! Yoona, I was going to tell you that omma and appa went on vacation," Yoonhan unnie suddenly remembered. "How long have they been gone for...they didn't tell me."

Now it made sense. My photos would end up with Yoonhan unnie since their parents were not here. But if that's so...am I really...

"Yoonhee ah," Yoona unnie finally decided, "let us go back to the orphanage first. We need a word with the person who runs the orphanage."

Eh?

"I second that," Yoonhan agreed.

Having realised that we were unable to progress far in the investigation, I agreed to head back to the orphanage with the unnies. Man, the orphanage head was going to be mad for breaking curfew...again. It's already my tenth time doing so.

Yoonhan unnie had driven to the dorm, so she offered to drive.

(~Long drive later~)

The car parked outside the orphanage doors. All the way through the journey, I was only getting more worried of my punishment.

Against the unnie's request, I went in first. By that time, the orphanage was dark and everyone was asleep. I tried to creep into my room quietly so as not to wake anyone up.

"You're early Im Yoon Hee..." a voice broke the silent air.

Heol! It was the orphanage head! He held a flashlight in his hand and he was clearly looking annoyed.

"Ah-ah Mianhae! I've got a good explanation for my actions this time! Hear me out!" I immediately bowed down.

The orphanage head turned on the lights in the sitting area and gestured me to sit down. Reluctantly, I followed suit.