Chapter 4: Junior Elite Training

--Calista--
Today is my first practice with the Junior Elite team! Rylie and Mia are also going to do Junior Elite! The only difference is that Mia can compete because she is 14 but me and Rylie are 13. My mom drops us off and says, "Good luck! Have fun! I love you!" "We will!" I say back. My mom stays in the parking lot because the Junior Elite training center is 2 hours away from where we live. I walk in and I see all these amazing gymnasts like Laurie Hernandez, Simone Biles, and Aly Raisman. Me, Rylie, and Mia were so star struck! The coach walked over to us and told us where to put our bags. She is so sweet! The coach told us she wants to see our bar routines that we do for meets for our gym. While I'm doing my routine, I do a pak salto. "Very nice!" She yelled. I do a few giants and then my back tuck dismount. "Amazing job!" She told me. I think I'm going to like Junior Elite. Today we worked on my speciality, bars. We worked on new bar skills, perfected old bar skills, and we worked on bar dismounts.
We stayed at a hotel because practices are two weekends per month so we practiced on Saturday, went to the hotel, practiced on Sunday, and went home. When we went to the hotel my mom went to sleep and Mia, Rylie, and me jumped from bed to bed and did flips. It was so much fun and we stayed up until 12:30! My mom got mad and made us go to sleep though.
When we got home, Rylie and Mia slept over at my house! I was so excited! We stayed up until 2:30 and then we finally went to sleep. We have another meet next weekend.