A Proposition

After dodging attack after attack, throwing everything he had at the human, he had been caught off guard. It bled and soaked his white shirt and blue jacket a dark red, his hand clutching to the slash that streaked across his ribs. It was hard to breathe and he can feel himself falling away, so close to crumbling into dust.

"I guess this is it, huh?" he said in a shaky voice. Looking at his killer in the eyes, they glowed red triumphantly and gleamed a nasty smile.

The golden locket they had shone vividly in the streaming light through the magnificent windows that were etched with the Delta Symbol. A crude angel hovered over the three triangles that represented the Underground and all the monsters in it. They had a prophecy, that one-day, an angel that had seen the Surface will return and the Underground will go empty.

Guess people didn't think it wasn't going to go empty in this way.

"Whelp... I'm going to Grillby's-" he said before being cut off.

"Hold on there, Sansy boy," the human said smoothly, as if they said it a hundred times before, (and probably have.) "Before you go and turn into dust as you rightly deserve... how about making me a favour?"

He flinched - A favour? Is this human serious? - He was holding on now by a thread, he felt himself filled with anger.

"A favour?" he said calmly, then he spat, his magical eye sparking to life for the last time in flaring rage, "after what you did?"

"Oh, come now, comedian, stay with me" They said, patience in their voice, "It's not like you got anything to lose. You already lost your friends, your family... Papper was it? I can't remember; your brother was so forgettable." They simpered, a giggle in their voice.

"His name is PAPYRUS!" Sans yelled angrily, then losing the ability to stand, he fell to his knees, some of the dark red liquid fell to the floor.

"Papyrus! That was it, so naïve, almost felt sorry decapitating him." the human mused. Sans growled.

They walked toward the skeleton, that smile still on their face, "You know Sans, before you die, I must tell you my favour, and I already know your body is going to give up soon, so I'll make it quick. The next reload, no talking from you, I'll have more time to speak out my proposal. Just listen and consider."

Sans shuddered, he felt that sensation of his body slowly turning into nothing again. Sans chuckled and looked them in the eye.

"Fine, I'll listen to your proposal, better make it quick, because I ain't gonna make this easy for you to say."

"That's new. That's the first time you ever said yes!" They said, smiling and watched him fall the rest of the way down. He was shaking, flakes of ash started to peel off the skeleton as his body struggled to keep its solid form.

"Well, goodbye comedian, see you in the next reset." And, with that, they lifted their foot and smashed his skull in, which immediately turned into dust.

Sans opened his eyes, the Hall filling his vision. The golden light streamed through the beautifully built windows, the symbol of the Underground displayed in the decoration. The angel hovered above the three triangles like a shepherd looking over its sheep. His chest hurt badly. He grunted and shoved his hands in his pockets. The kid killed him again. How many times was this now? He didn't want to know. Sans watches the figure walk closer towards him.

Once the human stopped in front of them, smiling that damn smile of theirs.

"Looks like it's my turn to talk, comedian"