Welcome to the Genocide Run

Everyone in the bar could feel the uneasy air fill the room as soon as he came in. The skeleton made his usual joke as he always does when he pops in. But this time, nobody laughed. Sans didn't seem to notice.

He sat at his usual spot and ordered, to everyone's confusion, two bowls of fries. There was no one with him. When a nearby monster asked him why, Sans said he was expecting company.

Grillby was a bit busy with all the other customers, so the chips took a bit longer. The comedian made a few more jokes that no one laughed at.

Sans gulped down his ketchup and ate a few fries. After some long, long minutes, an armoured monster opened the door.

"Excuse me, guys, but, uh, something bad is happing, like, really bad, so we have to evacuate the citizens here. There's a human, not a cool human, they're hurting monsters. So we have to get you to safety now." said RG-01.

The monsters looked at each other, muttering in curiosity and in fear. They got from their tables and walked hastily to the door. Grillby and Sans were the only ones who didn't move.

"Uh, dudes? Didn't you hear me? We have to evacuate the citizens and—"

"... I think I want to stay here, friend," said Grillby.

"Uh, why? Don't you want to, like, live, or something?" RG-01 asked, perplexed.

"I think I will be fine, friend. I hope you understand."

"Uh. Um... ok then... um, good luck?"

"Goodbye."

RG-01 left, a little bit awkward.

Sans didn't move. Grillby tilted their flame head at the skeleton, moving to sit next to him, "Sans?"

Sans looked at him, "Do you have more ketchup?"

"No Sans, you drank the last bottle. Sorry." Grillby looked away, "Why didn't you go with them?"

"I could ask the same question, Grillbz... but I'm too lazy to ask." The skeleton smiled.

"I have duties here." He looked at him, flames flickering.

"Is this about your brother? Is this why you have to stay?"

Sans forced himself to nod. "Yeah, Papyrus would come back here and try to make friends with the human, and from the sounds of it, this human ain't really friendly."

Grillby nodded. "I see... One more thing Sans, is this for your brother? I thought your brother hated grease..."

"He does, but he's not the company I said I was going to have..."

Grillby frowned, "Then who would this person be then, if not your brother?"

Sans smiled a little wider, "Someone who's new to the underground. That's all."

It took a moment for the message to sink in but as soon as it did, Grillby backed away a bit, "Sans? I don't understand. Are you saying you're going to have eat with the person who's been killing all those monsters?!"

Sans got off his chair and said, "Yup. Thought the kid would be hungry. Humans do tend to need to eat a lot; did you know that? So, uh. You better get out of here. I don't think the human... or me... is gonna spare you out of everyone. You can stay here if you want, though, that'll just mean I'll get some free EXP."

Grillby could not believe what Sans was saying.

"Sans..."

Sans said nothing.