Valentine's Angst (sorta)

I'M GOING TO CHANGE MY USERNAME ON HERE SOMETIME THIS WEEK AND IT'S GOING TO BE RARLANDCARJAMIN BECAUSE I BASICALLY USE THE SAME NAME FOR ALL MY SOCIAL MEDIAS AND I'M REALLY SCARED THAT MY CRUSH WILL FIND ALL MY FANFICTION AND IT'S GIVING ME THE SPOOKS

"I'm so lonely, man," Ron groaned to over the phone to his best friend, Carl.

"Yeah, but so am I," Carl responded.

"You still coming over tomorrow?"

"Obviously," Laughed Carl. "Spending Valentine's watching Netflix and pigging out with you is what i look forward to all year."

"Aw, you're too sweet," Ron said sarcastically.

Carl rolled his eyes.

"Okay, I have to go, see you tomorrow," Ron told him.

"Bye," Carl hung up.

 After that, he went out to buy some candy for tomorrow. Even though tomorrow was Valentine's Day and the candy wasn't quite on sale yet, Carl still bought some. Along with warheads, twizzlers, Kit-Kats, and much more. 

Carl woke up the next day around noon because it was Saturday and he stayed up late the night before. 

He went over to Ron's around 1:30PM.

"Ready to drown your sorrow in candy and horror movies?" Ron asked as he opened the door. 

"I can't wait to eat all this," Carl commented as he held up a bag full of candy. 

They were in the middle of watching The Bye Bye Man when they got bored of the movie. 

"Can we change this? It's so unrealistic!" Carl complained. 

Ron paused it. 

"Wait," He said. "Do you want a kiss?"

Carl knew his friend all too well. When they first started doing these Valentine's Day get together's, Ron had asked him the same thing, which sent Carl into shock.

But, Ron just placed a Hershey's kiss in his hand. And he did the same thing last year, so Carl knew what was coming. 

A few seconds passed, and just as Carl expected, Ron placed a Hershey's kiss in his hand. 

Carl just stared at it. 

"What's wrong?"

What was wrong? Carl didn't want a chocolate. He wanted a real kiss. 

"Hello? Earth to-" Ron started but he never got to finish that sentence. 

Carl threw the little chocolate across the room and smashed his lips against Ron.

The kiss lasted about less than five seconds before Carl pulled away out of pure fear. 

"I-I'm so, so sorry!" Carl told Ron.

Carl hated himself so much in that moment, and he knew it would make everything worse if he started crying, but before he could even blink tears were rolling down his cheeks. 

Ron just stared at him. He looked so confused, and so surprised at the same time.

"Carl I-"

"Don't say it," Carl wept. "I already know."

He stood up and wiped his tears, but somehow more and more just seemed to come.

He went to grab his hoodie when Ron got up and grabbed his arm.

"Hey, you can't leave, we have to talk."

Carl broke his arm free of Ron's grasp and turned around to face him.

"Talk about what?! How I've been in love with you for three years and now our friendship is over? No thanks."

Ron started at him in disbelief. 

"Three years?" He whispered.

Carl nodded and sniffled.

"Are we gonna talk about, the torture i went through every single day during the time you dated Enid and," He paused because he was crying so much he couldn't even speak.

"How hard it was to tell my mom and dad I'd fallen in love with a boy? Because I'd rather not!"

Ron was on the verge of tears, and he pulled Carl into a loving embrace. 

Carl cried into his shoulder.

Ron kissed the top of his head and whispered into his ear, "I've been in love with you for five, baby."