The Beginning

All I remember is a bright light engulfing me. Now I'm here, wherever here is. Maybe it's the afterlife, maybe it's not; I feel alone. It's cold, the floor is padded and the walls are brick, the cement holding them together looks new and the bricks themselves are a bright red. The room must be newly build, there is a door in front of me with no lock just a handle. Why haven't I tried to open it yet? I don't know but I don't want to. I'm scared of what lies on the other side, if this is the afterlife; am I in heaven or hell? I don't want to know. Something knocks from the other side of the door and waits. Then it knocks again with a little more urgency and perhaps a hint of irritation. Making my way to the door I wrap my fingers around the handle and push it down.

When the door opens I see what seems to be a giant locust. I recoil in disgust as it makes horrible chittering noises then flies off. "What the fuck?" I hear a female scream and look out the room to see seven more brick boxes just like mine. More of the locusts take to the skies and a migration of people leave their boxes. The sky is blue and obviously artificial, some sort of screen or maybe a projection. There is a beautiful meadow besides what seems to be a city of sorts. My ears ring as a microphone turns on, a chittering can be heard on the other side of the microphone. "Get away from that." A voice snarls "Hello, humans, demons. Whatever you are. My name is Zenith Krakveek, but you can call me Zenith. You have all been saved from imminent destruction by the dimensional protection force. And yes the people around you are from different dimensions. Everyone who was in your box is from your universe. Anyone else is from another. Could the leaders of each group please make your way to the glowing pillar of light in the distance. Don't worry everything will be just fine, try and have a good time." The speakers stop projecting sound and everything is silent, until there is a sudden uproar from the people around me. Must be trying to decide on a leader I guess. "Well it's just me." I sigh and start the long trek to the beacon in the distance. Everyone is wearing the same grey tracksuits, which is quite confusing for me. There are women here who you'd never get in a tracksuit ever. I glance over at a girl with red hair, which is strange because I now realise that there is a girl with red hair in most of the groups.

When me and the other chosen leaders reach the beacon we walk in through the large double door at the front. Inside there is a cosy room with soft furnishings, sofas and even snack machines. There is a single door at the opposite side of the room. "Take a seat, Zenith will get here soon." A boy with goat horns protruding from his head says sitting on the sofa, playing an Xbox. "Speaking of Zenith. When is he getting the PCs brought in. I'm bored of console gaming." A girl with short black hair spoke up from her place lying on the floor. "New people yay" A black haired boy says from, the snack machine. He sounds sarcastic and slightly bitter. He kicks the machine and a chocolate bar comes out. Me and the 'leaders' stand all with strange looks on our faces. "Oh shit. I can smell another demon in here." The kid with ram horns laughs, "If I didn't know better I'd say it's a family member." He throws the controller to the black haired girl then exits through the door at the opposite end. I couldn't feel how awkward it was before but I do now. "So where are you from hot stuff." A blonde girl grips onto my arm.

"Hands off. I don't know where your from. I don't even know what that question means anymore." I look at the door waiting for this 'Zenith' character to appear. The 'demon' exits the door and walks up to us. He does a quick head count, "One of you isn't supposed to be here." He keeps a straight face as he singles out the blonde and forces her to leave. "Are you guys seriously the best. We're in for a hard time. You may see Zenith now." He gestures to the door and I take the first steps forward, determined to find answers.

Inside the next room is a computer system with displays that are viewing the people we left by the boxes. Loud footsteps resonate around the room as some hulking mass approaches us. The face of a colossal cockroach comes round the corner and looks at us. It's red eyes glowing with, pride. "Welcome. This is the lifeboat." He gestures around the room with his four arms, he has a ragged cloak draped modestly across his back. "Who the fuck are you?" Someone asks from behind me. The roach looks back at them and I move aside so he can get a clearer view. A short girl with black hair and a red streak snarls at the insectoid."I thought that was pretty obvious, human. I am Zenith Krakveek and as you would say back home. I run this joint."

"But you're a cockroach." She states with confusion.

"That's quite rude. In case you hadn't realised you're a monkey. And I don't go round saying such rude things." his four parted maw is inches away from her face as he lowers himself to her height. "You're not scared." He says in a reverberating tone.

"No" She stares him directly in the eyes.

"You humans truly are strange." he stands up "You're not scared about meeting a huge insect but you're terrified of the opposite sex. In case you hadn't realised, all your weapons have been confiscated. And all your abilities have been disabled for the time being." The group starts complaining, and I stand there thinking about how I had none of those things in the first place. It makes me wonder what were the dimensions these people came from like. "Stop! I have been around long enough to know how living things act with weapons and abilities. I am the most qualified person to run this ship. Your planet is younger then me, even your star is. you think you have the right to complain. Try being in exile for two billion years. then you will have earnt your weapons and abilities back." He stands back up and looks down at us in slight frustration. "You will each be assigned bunks, I don't care if the person you are assigned with is from another dimension or you don't like them. Because tough fucking shit. Next week there will be more refugees coming so I expect you all to settle down before then."

"I'm sorry you said refugees." I finally speak up the Zenith.

"I did indeed. For those of you who have not yet realised. I said this ship is called the Lifeboat and for a good reason. You've all been rescued. Anyone who isn't here from your dimension is dead. I'm sorry for your loses." He starts to walk away his clawed feet creating a large amount of noise. "Sir, if you don't mind me asking why are there more women then men?" I ask having realised the difference in numbers. "I was informed that humans require both sexes to procreate. And that the female carries the child. The only reason you guys have been saved is to prevent the essence of your dimensions from dying. You see every being contains an energy that is linked to their home dimension. If all the beings in a dimension are killed a being of pure chaos is formed. Like the one that brought about the destruction of each of your homes. But if I can keep your bloodlines alive then we can stop the dimensional collapse. your dimensions still exist but they are dead. You guys are keeping them from total collapse, if they were to collapse who knows how many more would fall in the chain reaction. I can't save everyone. No matter how hard I try." he looks at the ground solemnly for a moment.

"One more thing. So what you're telling me. Is that this ship, this Lifeboat is a breeding farm." A young girl with silver eyes asks. "Well yes. Haven't you noticed that all of you are peak health, the right age and all of you are somewhat attractive to the opposite sex. At least that is what my research tells me." He goes to leave and I let him this time, it finally soaks in that despite the horror of the situation. This is incredibly lucky for me. In more way then one...

Author's Notes- Start theme music. What do you mean we don't have theme music! Nevermind, it seems you've been incredibly almost protagonist lucky on this one. Not only are you still alive but your going to get laid. If all of those other guys don't get in the way. So far the animes are:

-Kill la kill

-Highschool Dxd

-Fairy Tail

-RWBY

-Attack on Titan

-Sword Art Online

-Gurren Lagann

I also have plans to add:

-Kuzu no Honkai

-Highschool of the Dead

-A literal van full of nekos (Not an anime just a van with nekos in it)

And anything else people request. But I must warn you I haven't seen all of these animes yet so be patient with me I only have the wiki and other fanfiction. Tell me how it was and what other anime you would like. And I'm not just talking about the action packed kind. Literally anything, that is the main reason Kuzu no honkai is in it, because they're fairly average people in the anime. And since all abilities, powers, weapons and semblances have been confiscated it helps to of never had them in the first place. So tell me what you think and who should be added even give me an OC if you want to be in the story. Don't forget to vote. Zenith Out...