Chapter 1

I never imagined myself in this situation having my own family, having my own house and having a job. I never imagined myself to have a wife or kids but here I am blessed to have them. Helen who is my beautiful wife and my two kids namely Jenny and James. I never thought that I'm wearing a suit and tie with a badge of Detective Chief Inspector. I also never thought that I'm going to be one of best in my department.

              I have endured a lot of hardship growing up in a trailer park in Chicago. Having a father who is an alcoholic and drug user. He constantly beats me and my mom. My mom was a sweet, kind, and caring woman, she always protected me when my father wants to beat me. She was strong but I guess she had her breaking point because I saw her in our bathroom with her wrist and no pulse. After my mother's funeral, I couldn't live in that house anymore and so I chose to run away and lived in the streets and by the age of thirteen, I learned a lot of things in order to survive. I learned how you can get easily killed just by trusting someone.

        I remember how I met James, my best friend who may not be my brother by blood but my brother by heart. It was a bright sunny day, in New York and the sky was a soft shade of blue and there was a slight breeze in the air. I was searching all over the garbage can looking for food but to my displeasure, I couldn't find any so I fallen in to the ground and I couldn't move anymore. The last time I have eaten it must have two or three days ago. There was this messy blonde hair boy who approached me and tried to give me a sandwich. I didn't know if my mind began to make things up so I thought maybe I should touch his hand and I realize that he is actually real. I should take the sandwich because why would I accept a sandwich from a stranger but then my stomach growled and I couldn't take it anymore so I took the sandwich and I never thought that it will be a start of a great friendship.